mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
X
Xirix Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
X
I'm using Mirc 6.2 with sysreset 2.53, my friend has the same and I used to send him stuff with DCC Send.

He recently updated to Windows 7 and now the sends are failing everytime, to my knowledge the only thing that has changed is his OS, his Norton firewall is the same and set up properly to allow traffic.

Neither of us know Windows 7 very well, so I wanted to ask what could be blocking our sends. (We also tried using newer versions, still the same issue)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Sends are almost always blocked on the sender's side unless you're using passive DCC or the receiver has mIRC set to block DCC or file types. DCC does work fine on Windows 7, so that isn't the problem. Check your router/firewall settings and make sure your friend has the file types allowed and DCC allowed.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
X
Xirix Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
X
Turning on passive DCC on my end worked, I guess Windows 7 needed that when XP didn't.

We still have a slight issue though, even know I can DCC send to him he can't access my fileserve. There's no restrictions on it, it just stalled on Achknowledging request then fails.

M
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
M
how do you turn on the passive bot?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Passive means that you're putting the burden of opening ports on the receiver's end instead of your end. If that works, then that verifies that you are blocking the send on your end. Verify that ports are open in both firewall and router and that the same ports being used for DCC are what you have open.

@Mikiemega- Alt-O > DCC > Options.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Also: Options > Connect > Options > Ports...

M
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
M
Thx smile

M
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
M
been there and did that but still not working. i know there is something to put in to allow for passive downloads but can't remember it

Last edited by Mikiemega; 02/03/13 01:30 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard