I'm having a problem with SSL on one of my mIRC clients. I run more than one, and the older 6.16 version has never given me a problem with SSL connections. Until recently, my other mIRC client (which I always keep updated) never gave me a connection problem either. Then one evening, after months of flawless connections, my new (at the time) 7.25 version refused to connect giving me the following error:
SSL error: ssl not available
After some research and tinkering I discovered that SSL would work if I put copies of the SSL files (libeay32.dll, libssl32.dll, and ssleay32.dll) directly into mIRC 7.25's directory. Previously, it had always worked with the files in the Windows/System 32 directory.
I tried reinstalling all of the SSL files, making sure everything was in Windows/System 32 as required, but it didn't help. I still have to keep the SSL files in mIRC's directory. For some reason, it simply would no longer find them in the Windows directory.
I recently updated 7.25 to 7.29 but I'm still having the exact same problem. I read and followed all of the instructions on the mIRC SSL web page. I also did a search of the forums here, but I haven't found anything that's helped.