mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Paul Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
starting yesterday the list of rooms when you bring up the favorites is gone. Plus i'm an op in my room and when I right click on a name to bring up Voice,op,etc will not work. it just makes a pinging nopise. I ran antivirus but there's no infection that I can see. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks. I am running Windows 8 if this helps.

P
Paul Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
anyone?

P
Paul Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
no one knows?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Be patient.

Type this:
Code:
//var %x = $qt($mircdirscripts\popups.ini), %y = $qt($scriptdirpopups.ini), %z = $iif($exists(%x), %x, $iif($exists(%y), %y)) | if (!%z || (!$ini(%z, lpopup, 0))) echo -a * Error restoring popups | else { tokenize 32 -ps -pc -pq -pn -pm | load $* %z | echo -a * Popups Restored }

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
P
Paul Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
Riamus? how do I copy that" it's just blank and gray. also where do I type it at? in MIRC?

P
Paul Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
Riamus, I just opened the source and got the code that way. The list of preset channels are still notr there but the right click did enable. any code to bring preset channels back?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I don't know of any preset channels in the favorites list. You may have added them or used a script that added them. Unless you have a backup of your mIRC.ini file from before you lost them, you'll probably have to add them back manually.

Invision Support
P
Paul Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
when you first install MIRC and you connect, the list of rooms popup that you can either select from. or you can type the name of channel at the top. thi9s is the favorites. it might say #help or #funtime etc the list suddenly erased. I can still type # then channel name but it came with a preinstalled list. so there's no script that will make it come back?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Ok, I guess there were some defaults in there. It's been a long time since I did a fresh install. You can enable the room popup by going to Favorites and clicking Organize Favorites and then checking the box at the bottom for Pop up favorites on connect. As far as the channels, I don't know what they are. You can look to see if you have a backup mIRC.ini or you can reinstall mIRC to find out or you can ask someone who has them and re-add them manually. Keep in mind though, that the default names are really nothing you need. They are just examples and aren't even used on every network. All you really need is to choose one or more channels you want to be in and join them.

Invision Support
P
Paul Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
well when i was trying to bfix the right click issue, before i posted i reinstalled as well as uninstall/reinstall Mirc and the li9st nbever came back. if there's nothing i can do then i guess i'll leave it. Thanks. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard