mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Smog Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
When I right click a person in the nicklist from the channel I'm normally able to /slap and what not.

Now all I get is a beep and no pop-ups.

The only place that Mirc lets me right click is the channel/server list on the left.

I didn't have this bug before I upgraded to 7.29 :<.

edit: I was running 7.27 before this.

K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
Enter this into mIRC:

Code:
//var %x = $qt($mircdirscripts\popups.ini), %y = $qt($scriptdirpopups.ini), %z = $iif($exists(%x), %x, $iif($exists(%y), %y)) | if (!%z || (!$ini(%z, lpopup, 0))) echo -a * Error restoring popups | else { tokenize 32 -ps -pc -pq -pn -pm | load $* %z | echo -a * Popups Restored }

If you get "Error restoring popups", then the file is missing and you need to reinstall mIRC.

S
Smog Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Thank you very much !

* Popups Restored

No idea what caused this.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. This issue is often reported, however I have never been able to reproduce it myself. Were any of your other mIRC settings affected? Do you remember if you were doing a full or upgrade install? Did you change any of the default install options (such as backups, shortcuts, etc.)?

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I wonder if it would be a good idea to make a post and ask people for their experiences with the popups going missing. See how people instal their mircs, mirc version, whether or not they had an issue, computer stats etc? Just a thought

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I know this happened to me one time on a clean install of mIRC. I don't remember the version, but I think I commented about it back then. It was a 7.x version, but I don't remember which one.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
B
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
B
Originally Posted By: Khaled
Thanks for your bug report. This issue is often reported, however I have never been able to reproduce it myself. Were any of your other mIRC settings affected? Do you remember if you were doing a full or upgrade install? Did you change any of the default install options (such as backups, shortcuts, etc.)?

No other settings affected. I've had this issue on a clean install of mIRC v7.44 as well as a mIRC folder I copied over from my external backup HDD. The only thing I changed was the default folder (which I use C:\mIRC instead of the default path chosen). During an upgrade, I usually choose "save to backups" and "automatically check for updates" options only.

My OS is Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Link Copied to Clipboard