DM__ Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
I want to see this:

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Clicking on the path already brings up a folder browse dialog. Are you wanting to open a browse that shows existing logs? If so, you have Log Files in the Tools menu that lets you browse the log files.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
D
DM__ Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
Clicking on the path already brings up a folder browse dialog.

It allows me to change the location, however there is no way to explore the folder from that menu.

Are you wanting to open a browse that shows existing logs?

Yes.

It shouldn't be that hard to be implemented for those who need direct access to the log files.

If so, you have Log Files in the Tools menu that lets you browse the log files.

Even from there, you can't browse the actual files.

Last edited by DM__; 20/12/12 10:42 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
What do you mean by browse then? From the Tools menu, you can view the list of all log files (i.e. browse them). You can also search them or open them if you want to find something or view them. I am not sure how else you mean browse besides those ways...?

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
D
DM__ Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
What do you mean by browse then? From the Tools menu, you can view the list of all log files (i.e. browse them). You can also search them or open them if you want to find something or view them. I am not sure how else you mean browse besides those ways...?

Access the actual .txt files with a single click without having to go manually to appdata folder. smile

Reasons can be, backing up, archiving etc etc..

Last edited by DM__; 24/12/12 11:53 PM.
K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
Could easily make an alias that would open the folder. (My line is 'run $logdir $+ $network' since I have my logging set to create folders per network).

Code:
alias logdir { 
  run $logdir
}

They are not .txt files they are .log files.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Archiving and backing up are effectively the same use case-- and in that use case, you most likely want to back up scripts and other data as well, so this is not a log-specific functionality.

You will ultimately want to //run $mircdir, which is an easy command, or can be aliased if you need to. I don't think it would have any value being hidden in Alt+O -> IRC -> Logging. Don't think anybody would know to check option settings for the use case you're describing.

FWIW, you can still currently use the browse button to backup by right clicking the directory after popping up the dialog and selecting a "Send to", "Copy", or even "Backup" item if you have that.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
D
DM__ Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
The alias is exactly what i wanted. grin

Link Copied to Clipboard