Print Thread
#2396 18/12/02 05:31 AM
K
Kman Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
I am trying to download something off mIRC and the guy told me that I cant recive it by typing 'get' I have to type cd (filename) without the () and I have done that but what do I do next?

#2397 18/12/02 08:02 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
To grab a wav or mp3 from someone you would have to be able to see what's being played - or know that the person you're trying to get a file from actually has it, with the correct filename. To enable this, go to sounds-> requests-> enable sounds-> accept sound requests-> and check the box that says 'warn if sound doesn't exist'. Then to grab, type !nick nameof wav.wav or !nick nameofmp3.mp3 (where 'nick' is the name of the person you're grabbing from, and 'nameof' is the actual name of the file'). The other person has to have 'accept sound requests' checked too. A word of warning though - I wouldn't personally use this unless I trusted the person I was grabbing a file from, and even then it's not without risk. If you're looking for a filesharing medium, I'd go for Kazaa or something like that. smile

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
#2398 18/12/02 08:03 AM
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
You type /help file server and scroll down to the second section.

File Server

Fileserver commands
The commands availabe to a user connected to your fileserver are:

cd <directory> - change to the specified directory.

dir [-b|k] [-#] [/w] - lists the name and size of each file in the current directory. The /w switch forces a wide listing. The [-b|k] selects bytes or k's. The [-#] specifies the number of files on each line in a horizontal listing.

ls [-b|k] [-#] - lists the name of each file in the currenty directory using a wide listing.

get <filename> - asks the fileserver to DCC Send the specified file.

read [-numlines] <filename.txt> - reads the specified text file. The user will be sent a default of 20 lines and then prompted whether to continue listing. The -numlines option changes the default number of lines to a value between 5 and 50.

help - lists the available commands.

exit or bye - terminates the connection.

Note:
1. If a directory has a large number of files try to split them up into subdirectories, this will improve performance.
2. If a user is idle for too long the fileserver will automatically close the connection. You can set the idle time out in the DCC Options dialog.
3. A user is limited to opening a single fileserver session at any one time. If mIRC initiates a fileserver session to a user and that user doesnt respond then the fileserver session will have to time-out and close before that user can ask for another session.

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
#2399 18/12/02 11:54 PM
K
Kman Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
K
Thanks for the help

Link Copied to Clipboard