mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
D
I think it would be great if a Windows 8 interface could be developed for mIRC so it could integrate seamlessly into the new OS. An active tile showing ongoing chats would be slick. Any plans for this? Is this a stupid idea for reasons I can't think of at the moment?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Although that could be useful for anyone willing to use Windows 8, mIRC wasn't ever really update to "fit" Windows 7, so I think the chances of doing anything special for Windows 8 may be low. Of course, that's just my guess. mIRC's designed to be used on multiple versions of Windows and even on Linux or Macs using Wine. Making a feature that only works in one version of Windows seems like more of a waste of time to me. And I have a feeling the "features" that Windows 8 offers may very well be gone in the next Windows release simply because making a computer OS based off a phone OS is not very smart and if Microsoft is smart, they'll reconsider that choice. I could be wrong.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
It would actually be smarter to create a separate app to act as a live tile for mIRC than port mIRC into a windows 8 app. And this can be done without native support in mIRC.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard