mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
E
EmoHobo Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
E
It gets placed when I first join a room but after that it's position never changes unless I manually reset it with Ctrl+L but that only for the next time and it's position no longer updates manually.

I'm using verison 7.27 but it was there in 7.25 as well.

Last edited by EmoHobo; 13/11/12 01:02 AM. Reason: Forgot Version Information
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I cannot seem to reproduce an issue with this feature here. Can you describe a step by step method that reproduces the issue for you?

E
EmoHobo Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
E
Just having it on, it never updates it's position on it's own, only time it updates is if it ctrl+l it will update it's location once and then never again until I hit ctrl+l again.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The marker should only appear in a window if there is activity in that window while you are in another window. For example, if you are in two channels, #a and #b, and you switch to channel #b and there is activity on channel #a, the marker will appear in channel #a. The marker will remain in the same position until you switch back to channel #a and you either scroll through the buffer or send/receive a message on that channel.

If you are seeing different behaviour, I really would need to know a step by step method of reproducing the issue. For example, here is how I would reproduce the above behaviour:

1. Join channel #a
2. Join channel #b
3. Wait for activity on channel #a and see the marker appear.
4. Switch to channel #a and wait for activity.
5. Switch back to channel #b.
6. Wait for activity on channel #a and you should see that the marker has changed position to the start of the new message.

E
EmoHobo Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
E
Okay, I am in two channels.

The marker just updated using the Ctrl+L input

The marker works as normal in both topics for a few posts then refuse to update from the position until I use ctrl+L again. I'm not sure if I can be more clear on my steps as there really are not any more.

It sometimes takes awhile for it to stop working, but it no longer updates it position after awhile even when it's no longer the active window. It just stays where it was.

It's hard to get an accurate reading on when it stops updating as it happens randomly but once it stops updating I have to reset it with ctrl+L to get it to work again.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Do you have the marker enabled in the mIRC Options/Display/Options marker dialog? If you do, you should not have to press Control+L to turn it on in a window - it will display automatically when it needs to.

Control+L will not change the position of the marker. It will only show the marker where it was the last time you made that channel window active. If you manually turn off the marker with Control+L, it will no longer be displayed in that window until you manually turn it on again.

Regarding the marker position, unfortunately I still have not been able to reproduce an issue here. I joined several channels and monitored them for an hour or so, returning every so often to check the marker position. The marker changed position as expected to mark the last time I made that channel window active.

E
EmoHobo Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
E
I'm sure I probably messed up a setting somewhere, I tried resetting things and I'm sure that fixed it, but I appreciate the help.

I may of just been using marker wrong as it seems to be working now. Thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard