Print Thread
#239408 24/10/12 02:16 AM
W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
$chan(<channel>).ial, which is supposed to return $true if the ial contains addresses of all nickname for that channel, isn't updated when /ialclear is used.

Also, $ial (added on mIRC 5.3!), which reflect the setting of /ial <on|off>, isn't documented in the help file.

I also seems to have a problem on mIRC 7.27, not sure about 7.26 but 7.25 behaves correctly: typing /help $me doesn't bring me to the relevant page in the help file, it displays $me in the list, but it loads the main page.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I can reproduce the /help TOPIC problem. This should have been a separate report.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks, unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce the /help issue here under either Windows XP or 7. I tested by running a clean install of mIRC and typing "/help $me" in the status window editbox and pressing enter. The mIRC help file is displayed, with the contents index selecting the "Nick and Address" section and the help page scrolling down to and displaying the entry for $me.

Can you try testing again in a clean install and shutting down all other applications, such as anti-virus, firewall, and so on, to see if the issue persists?

W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
I tested it again with the anti-virus disabled, it is still not working.
It doesn't seem to be related to the mIRC version but rather the file itself, using the help file that come with 7.25 in 7.27 does work correctly, the problem stared with mIRC 7.26.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Which version of Windows are you using? Do you see a mirc.gid or mirc.chw file in the same folder as the mirc.chm file? If you delete them, does that resolve the issue?

W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
I'm using windows 7, I do have a mirc.chm file, deleting that file has no effect, and it is recreated when I reopen the help file.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
For what it's worth, I'm NOT experiencing this problem.

Win7 and I did an upgrade install from 7.25 > 7.27, without ever using 7.26.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I have not been able to reproduce this yet, however there does appear to be a difference between the v7.25 and v7.27 help files, relating to the internal index, which could account for the issue. I cannot explain why it works for some people and not others though. I will revert back to the older method in the next version which should resolve the issue.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
I experience this too.

/help $me highlights $me in the topic list on the left, but the "Welcome to mIRC" page stays open in the right pane.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, no mirc.gid or mirc.chw in the same folder as the help file.

I'll post again once I've tried the fix.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, for me it does NOT select $me in the Index list, but does open the help file in the correct place. So the reverse behaviour?

W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
Thanks for looking into the help file problem, but frankly I thought everyone would experience it, that it was just a small issue, the report was mainly about the ial.

Also:
Quote:
I'm using windows 7, I do have a mirc.chm file, deleting that file has no effect, and it is recreated when I reopen the help file.
I meant I had a mirc.chw file, not mirc.chm, which I have regardless obviously.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I have not been able to reproduce the $chan().ial issue here so far. I tested by joining a channel and issuing different combinations of //who #channel, //echo $chan(#channel).ial, and /ialclear. In all cases, the ial property returned the correct $true or $false value based on whether the IAL was full or empty. Can you describe a step by step method that reproduces the issue for you?

W
Wims Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
Well, I just use the following steps:

1) //who #chan
2) //echo -a $chan(#chan).ial - which is $true
3) //ialclear $me (or any nickname on that channel)
4) //echo -a $chan(#chan).ial - which is $true but should be $false

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks, I was able to reproduce the issue with //ialclear $me. This issue has been fixed for the next version.

Link Copied to Clipboard