mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
This sounds like a simple script, but am I correct in saying that it's impossible to do with just the on-join event? Won't I also need the on-text? Could I get away with simply setting a var then unsetting it in 60secs, then matching that against the target text?
I have quite a few good working scripts that will easily work from 1st instance of text event to multiple times, and so on, but trying to do this "within the first 60 seconds of joining" only has got me stumbled.
More importantly, I want to do this against all joiners individually (except opers obviously) so I don't want one joiner to reset the previous joiner's timer, won't that complicate things or should I not worry about that part? Will using $address($nick,2) be sufficient here?

Last edited by displayname; 23/09/12 08:27 PM.
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Why don't you get to the point of what you're trying to do?

D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
Sorry if that was too vague. I'm trying to K/B a user if they post certain text within 60 secs of joining a room.

P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
What about this?

Code:
on *:join:#: set -u60 $+(%,60sec_,$nick) 1

on *:text:*:#: if ($1- == don't ban me) && ($($+(%,60sec_,$nick),2)) kick $chan $nick

Make a variable with the persons nick that is unset after 60 seconds. When something is said check if it's bad and that nicks variable still exists

http://scripting.pball.win
My personal site with some scripts I've released.
D
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
Yes, this is exactly what I was trying to say that I needed in the first paragraph at the start of the thread. I thought somehow you could combine the two events. This works perfectly thanks much. smile

Link Copied to Clipboard