Print Thread
R
rob444 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
R
Hello!

I've been using mirc since, hm, 1998 perhaps? The past 13-15 years I've ended up in over 10 IRC networks and a lot of channels on each network, yeah yeah, I'm an idler :P.

I've always been bothered with how slow the mIRC client is when I join all the channels on all the networks at the same time. I've seen people connecting to tons of channels without the slow updating gui problem but I did notice that those people never switched channel focus when joining their channels at client start so I thought this is maybe something I want to give a try.

So my question is, is there a way to prevent the mIRC client from switching channel focus when joining all the channels that can be found in the perform list?

Thanks smile!

K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
Try the -n switch.

join -n #channel

join -n #channel,#another-channel,#foobar,#example

Personally, I don't like the perform list. I rather have a script deal with it. The Perform thing tries to overcomplicated things for a simple solution.

/help /join -> second one.

R
rob444 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks a lot!

That did work quite well, only thing it didn't work so well on was that one of the servers I am connecting to is a shroudbnc server which will automatically join for me (without me sending the join commands), so the -n tag will do no good there but that can be scripted I guess smile.

And yeah, as you say, perform list is awkwardly overcomplicated for such simple tasks!

Link Copied to Clipboard