Print Thread
Q
q8ok Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
Q
I have a unique problem

when i start using the mIRC i notice one of the users in the channel start sending PING to me and i saw the PINGs in the mean room and the PINGs are written in red colour thin the internet starts cut off and i have to shut down the internet and start connect to it again , i think it is kind of flooding problem or some thing like it

what is the sollution lf the problem ??

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Kick/ban the user from the channel and then /ignore them. Also enable flood protection in Alt+O -> IRC -> Flood and make sure to limit CTCP replies, whois requests, query windows, etc.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Q
q8ok Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
Q
Originally Posted By: argv0
Kick/ban the user from the channel and then /ignore them. Also enable flood protection in Alt+O -> IRC -> Flood and make sure to limit CTCP replies, whois requests, query windows, etc.

thanks for the help

some times i cant kick/ban the user because some times i entered the channel and leave the lap top

i did the protection now but i dont understand these " and make sure to limit CTCP replies, whois requests, query windows, etc. " can you explain it in Pics if you can

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Originally Posted By: q8ok
i did the protection now but i dont understand these " and make sure to limit CTCP replies, whois requests, query windows, etc. " can you explain it in Pics if you can

The checkboxes for those settings are at the bottom of the Options window I pointed to you in the previous post.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard