mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#238571 09/08/12 01:26 PM
D
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
D
I've made a script which makes my channel look different, it'll halt default text such as the normal quit messages, join messages, part messages and nick changes. The script works good, it halts the text and i use /echo to change the look, and i've made it only affect my channel, althoguh, i have a problem. I have no problem with the part and join codes because part and joins only affect one channel, whereas quits and nicks affect all messages. There for it halts the text on ALL channels, which is not what i wanted, i only wanted to change the appearance of MY channel. I think i know how to fix this, i just need the text to halt if its on my channel, but since quit messages go on all channels, i don't know how i'd specify it so that it would only halt the message on my channel. I added a code if ($nick ison (#my channel)) { but it still halted the text on all channels, for people in my channels. If someone wasn't on my channel and they quit, the normal message would pop up, but if someone quits, and their on my channel, it'll halt the text on all channels, and i'd only know they;d quit because the echo'd message on my channel. I need the text to ONLY halt on my channel, liek the join and part scripts.

Please help me <3

P.S. Also... is their any way of modifying the look of a nicklist? My channel has a bot and it uses ID's, if i could add their ID's in front of their name in the nicklist that would be awesome.

Last edited by dominic_eddy; 09/08/12 01:45 PM.
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
You can't stop it for only one channel. You'll need to halt all of it, and then recreate it in every channel you want. You can use $comchan to determine which channels to display the text in.

Loki12583 #238585 10/08/12 10:37 AM
D
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
D
How would i add this into my script? I'm not very good when it comes to stuff like $comchan, could you add it for me?
http://pastebin.com/pR0sZLmP

P.S. I hear that $comchan is for getting the channels that $me and $nick is on? This script is not made for a channel bot, it's a script which all users will individualy be given and maybe $comchan isn't the correct thing? dunno smile

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Code:
on ^*:quit:{
  var %addr = ( $+ $address $+ ), %msg = ( $+ $1- $+ )

var %i = 1, %n = $comchan($nick,0)
  while (%i <= %n) {
    if ($comchan($nick,%i) != #test) {
      echo -i2tc quit $v1 * $nick($v1,$nick).pnick %addr Quit %msg
    }
    inc %i
  }
  haltdef
}

My formatting mimics the default text, you can change it back to what you want. Note that you can use /echo -c quit to use the quit event color. This does not account for the display setting of the event (default,status,channel,hide); as I don't know of an identifier to return these, implementing this functionality would be wasted if you're not using it anyway.

Loki12583 #238637 14/08/12 10:03 AM
D
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
D
thanks, but this script echo's ALL Quit messages, when i added the 'if ($nick ison $chan) {' statement it only halted the text if someone was on my channel, hense reducing the ammount of CPU usage (or whatever its called) and i'd like it to stay that way laugh? I'm not really good at knowing where to add it in to this new script though. Also, how would i go about making the quit message echo'd different for my channel (#test) because at the moment, its making all the quit messages look normal on all other channels, but doesn't appear with anything in #test, i want it too look normal in all channels (like you've done) but echo something different in my channel laugh please help, Thanks! smile

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Code:
on ^*:quit:{
  var %chan = #test
  if ($nick !ison %chan) { return }

var %addr = ( $+ $address $+ ), %msg = ( $+ $1- $+ )

var %i = 1, %n = $comchan($nick,0)
  while (%i <= %n) {
    if ($comchan($nick,%i) != %chan) {
      echo -i2tc quit $v1 * $nick($v1,$nick).pnick %addr Quit %msg
    }
    else {
      ;echo -i2tc quit $v1 * custom message line
    }
    inc %i
  }
  haltdef
}

Loki12583 #238653 15/08/12 10:21 AM
D
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
D
you musta accidently added that ; infront of echo, because it didn't work at first smile but no problem, removed, and it works great! thanks!

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
The ; was there on purpose, a ; at the beginning of a line makes that line a comment

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Wims #238669 16/08/12 11:55 AM
D
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
D
im sorry to be a pain but i have one last thing to request, how would i convert this script so that it also works for on NICK events? the same problem occurs when people change nicknames as with my previous QUIT problem. =]

Wims #238670 16/08/12 12:40 PM
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
You should be able to accomplish this without coming here for help. See "/help on nick" in mirc.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
You can combine them and share one alias like so:
Code:
on ^*:quit: qn $nick $1-
on ^*:nick: qn $newnick
alias -l qn {
  var %chan = #test
  if ($1 !ison %chan) { return }
  var %addr = ( $+ $address $+ ), %msg = ( $+ $2- $+ )
  var %i = 1, %n = $comchan($1,0)
  while (%i <= %n) {
    if ($comchan($1,%i) != %chan) {
      var %v1 = $v1
      echo -i2tc %v1 * $nick(%v1,$1).pnick %addr $iif($event == quit,Quit %msg,Nick is now known as $newnick)
    }
    else {
      echo -i2tc %v1 * $iif($event == quit,custom message line for quit,custom message line for Nick)
    }
    inc %i
  }
  haltdef
}
I haven't tested this but should work as per your wish.

Tomao #238696 19/08/12 07:36 PM
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
I'd use $wildsite instead of $address, and you're using %v1 instead of %chan in the else part wink

Last edited by Wims; 19/08/12 08:39 PM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Wims #238863 02/09/12 12:48 PM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Thanks for your advice, Wims.

Link Copied to Clipboard