mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
H
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
Hello,
First off I appreciate any help that I will be receiving on this issue! This is a simple one and I'm sure someone will have the quick fix for me in no time. I downloaded mIRC. I went to type in my information and then connect, but I it won't connect. It keeps attempting to connect saying " Unable to connect to server (Connection timed out) ". It will do this over and over and I just want to get started up! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks again!

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Make shure your filrewall/virus protection dont block mirc, also make shure you connect to a valid irc server..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
H
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
Good call it might just be my firewall

H
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
H
Well, come to find out it wasn't blocked and I've tried to connect to multiple servers. I can't even connect to the basic IRC Webchat. The stock one they bring up.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Try something like:

/server irc.undernet.org

or

/server irc.efnet.net

You can also try connecting to the IP address of the server. Some ISPs may block IRC by name, but allow it if you use the IP. For example, if I want to use IRC on my Verizon phone, I have to connect using the IP address or it gets blocked by Verizon.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard