mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
I
isildur Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
I
Sometimes the text on the left side of the screen gets cut off, but only seems to happen with certain messages and only in status screens.

[img]https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4zFTBN56BH3U2U1eTdPX3pLeUU[/img]

This is a screenshot.

Also, I noticed I can open one or several server windows and their corresponding channel lists, then I can click to join a channel and sometimes it goes right into the channel, sometimes it can be minutes later before the channel opens.

Thanks,
isildur
proud owner of a copy of mIRC 7.22 smile

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
The display is fine, it's the data you're sending that is broken. The server wouldn't respond with MODE unknown command, so you are actually sending "ODE ..." to the server. What you see in your status is actually the correct display. Type /debug @debug and watch your debug window to confirm.

As for why the first letter of your commands are getting stripped-- a lot of things can cause that in addition to a bug-- namely, a script could do that. In fact, that seems to be the likely case here.

As for joining channels, the server will block your commands until /LIST completes. The reason joining a channel sometimes has a delay is because mIRC is waiting for /LIST to complete before it can issue /JOIN. Or rather, it might issue it immediately, but the server won't respond until the LIST command finishes.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
I
isildur Offline OP
OP Offline
I
That makes sense. Of course, when you say scripts I checked the scripts editor and the only thing under any of the tabs was the following located under the Remote tab:

Code:
on *:start:{
  server us.undernet.org
  server -m irc.freenode.net
  server -m irc.othernet.org
  server -m irc.oftc.net

}

Could this be the offending script? (I am a noob to anything script-wise. I even uninstalled and reinstalled mIRC just to be sure there was not anything else in that directory. I added the server connection script by hand in the Alt-R dialog box.)

Perhaps something is missing in my setup that could cause this?

Thanks for the help on this. smile

isildur

Last edited by isildur; 28/04/12 10:20 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
While on the Remotes tab, use your View menu to see if any other scripts are listed. There probably is at least one other script there.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
In any editbox in mIRC, type the following:

//echo -a $version $os $file($mircexe).sig $md5($mircexe,2) $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0)

Paste the resulting line here.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
I
isildur Offline OP
OP Offline
I
View under scripts only has one listing 'remote.ini' and the command you asked me to run displayed the following line:

7.22 2K ok 912dfaee60f144853a33231688312686 1 0 0

That's it. I hope its all right. smile

Thanks for the help on this.
isildur

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Are you connecting through a bnc or proxy by any change?

Otherwise, please run an anti-virus tool to check for malware/viruses, because that shouldn't be happening.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC

Link Copied to Clipboard