mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
W
Whateva Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
W
Hey there, I was just wondering, how do you set Timers in Preform??
I connect to an IRC that has a HostServ on it, where it changes your Host when you Connect. And well, one user always complains about when I connect, it shows 3 messages for me.. like

DevilHunter has Connected..
DevilHunter Quit (registered)
DevilHunter has Connected (devilchid7@Armada.rfc1337.net)

And well, the only Fix I can find atm is, to delay the Preform so that HostServ has time to switch my host before I join the Channels. I connect to least 25 on Connect.

(DevilHunter is my main name, but at the time of signing up, I didn't want to use it here)

Any Help would be nice.

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
I have found, if you call a script in the perform section and do it there, it works fine.. here is a brief example (in my perform section for ALL nets i do: /dopass )

ALIAS dopass {
#set some variables for testing
set %passdone 0
set %operdone 0
set %modedone 0
set %sudone 0
# do for network xxxxxx
IF ($network == xxxxx) {
timerentr1 1 03 /ns identify xxxxxx
timerentr2 1 03 /join -n #help
timerentr3 1 03 /join -n #mIRC
timerentr4 1 03 /join -n #another_channel
}
# do for network yyyyy
IF ($network == yyyyy) {
timers and commands for this net...
}
# add more nets here if needed
..... etc...
# close the dopass command
}
#all done!

Last edited by HorseC; 28/04/12 03:01 AM.

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
W
Whateva Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
W
I'm sure the network I connect to does not use any of that. the IRC I connect to uses InspIRCd-1.2

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
perhaps what you're wanting is to uncheck mirc-options/irc/ "rejoin channels on connect", and uncheck any joins being caused by something in your favorites list, and instead have a timer that contains the channels you want to join. Assuming you want to delay 25 seconds, it would be something like:

if ($network == YourNetworkName) {
timerjoins [ $+ [ $network ] ] 1 25 join #chan1,#chan2,#chan3,#etc
}

Instead of having all joins on the same command, you can also break it down into several timers with staggered delays like:

timerjoinsA [ $+ [ $network ] ] 1 25 join #chan1,#chan2
timerjoinsB [ $+ [ $network ] ] 1 30 join #chan3,#chan4

If a channel has a key, you might be able to include it as one of the series of channel joins "/join #chan1,#chan2 password,#chan3" or else have the channels with keys be on separate timers. (It will cause problems to join on a timer if your channel's key starts with a $ or a %)

You can use this in combination with an ON-NOTICE event looking for the i-gave-you-your-hostmask message from your hostserv, and use that to join quicker than the 25 sec delay. You wouldn't want to set things up to join only after your hostmask has been given, because that keeps you from joining if there's a netsplit or other glitch as you join.

It's also probably a good idea to add your hostserv to your notify list, so you can request your hostmask whenever services resets while you're there. Depending on what's the size of your network, you might want to have a short delay in the request so that hostserv wouldn't be overwhelmed by a bazillion requests all at the same time.

W
Whateva Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
W
Eh, well im a nub when it comes to mIRC scripting so I would need help getting this put together. Also, 25 seconds seems like a long time.

The way I see it, is that mIRC joins all the channels faster then it can even load them. So its like.. I'm in all the channels, hostserv kicks in, then i rejoin with my hostmask, THEN all the channels start to load in mIRC.. so it seems I need to just delay it enough to where hostserv would give my hostmask BEFORE i join any channels.

I also have 2 channels that have passwords on them, so..

Link Copied to Clipboard