mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Paruny Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P

When you got to 'edit server' you can add description and server address, it should also be possible to enter your nickname here.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
This is a useful feature, but I don't think the server list is the right place to set your nick. There is definitely a need for mIRC to have a per-server configuration user interface, but it should be in Alt+O -> Connect, not the Servers list. That way you could set multiple nicks/passwords/channels for networks, and not have to worry about the specific server you're connecting to on the network.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
T
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
T
HERE HERE!!!!

I actually joined the forums, to suggest this exact feature. I use different nicks on different servers. I would also like to suggest a spot to put the /ns command text as some servers have different syntax. (Although I don't personally like to store my passwords were they are easily accessible; other's might not mind this.)

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I agree as well. Server specific nick info w/o scripting would be a nice addition

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I have to agree with argv0 here... server specific doesn't make much sense. *Network* specific is what would be useful. I certainly wouldn't want to set me information up on 20+ servers on a network when the information will be the same on all of them.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
whoops, yeah, I meant to say network not server lol

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it

Link Copied to Clipboard