mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
Hello all, I have a nice suggestion (in my opinion :P): The ability to manipulate the Channel Favorites through a commands-interface so it can be scripted. So that we do not have to script our own auto-join/favorites-scripts, but instead use mIRC's already built-in functionalities. smile I'm creating a script and I'm really missing this ability, hence the feature request.

B
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
It's been a long while now (8 months) and I'm still missing this feature and I don't see any changes in mIRC 7.23 beta that indicates this feature is forthcoming nor has anyone replied.

Any thoughts about this? Nobody likes?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but it seems a little strange. You're asking for a way to script something so that you don't have to script something.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
He's asking for a way to script something in order to properly integrate with mIRC's existing features/UI. There's no reason to re-script channel favourites if the functionality exists.

That said, I'm sure Khaled looked at this request 8 months ago. It's probably somewhere on his todo list (or maybe not). Just because you ask for something does not mean it will be added, so in the meantime you *should* look at a completely scripted solution (as in, one without the existing favourites feature).

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard