mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#236758 23/03/12 09:53 PM
R
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
R
okay, so I'm pretty much a novice in irc scripting but I need to know how to allow color and use spaces and nicks in the commands... I don't know if tokenizing helps at all or not but still I want to write a script that responds to:

?throw at <nick> (i.e. ?throw at randomnick)

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
You have two/three options if you want to accept colors within your matched text. You can use a regex to strip out the codes in the event header, use a wildcard (non-regex) event and strip the colors inside the event, or turn off color codes completely in mIRC. And if I understand correctly you want to allow for an arbitrary number of spaces between words? Tokenize will take care of that, or a \s+ in the regex.

Code:
on $*:text:/\?throw\s+at\s+(\S+)/S:#:{
  if ($regml(1) !ison #) return
  ;start here
}

on *:text:*:#:{
  tokenize 32 $strip($1-)
  if ($1-2 != ?throw at) || ($3 !ison #) return
  ;start here
}

R
OP Offline
R
so wait, tokenize allows spaces?? so I could put (after the tokenize line)
Code:
 If ($1 == ?Suit up) {... 
or does it need to be
Code:
 If ($1-2 != ?Suit up) {... 
???

R
OP Offline
R
oh and if I want to use a message how would I put in the nick that something was "thrown at," like this:
Code:
 msg $chan $nick threw a weapon at $3 
or do I have to include the !ison # part too?

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
The latter. Tokenization can allow spaces, but the tokenized data in $1- in an event or alias call is tokenized by spaces. You could retokenize by using:

/tokenize N $rawline

Where N is the ASCII value of some character (32 is space, for reference). Then $1- is filled with those tokens. Basically, mIRC calls /tokenize 32 $rawline internally before your event runs. Notice that the script above does this retokenization by spaces in order to strip colour codes from $1-.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
R
OP Offline
R
do you mean the latter on both questions or just the first one bc i still need to know how to put both the nick that threw the object and the nick the object was thrown at

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
$nick refers to the person who triggered the event, $3 refers to the third word in their text, in this case it is treated as the target nick.

R
OP Offline
R
Thank you guys! Can you also tell me how to decrease a value like:
Code:
 set %Darts1 5 
so that once the "throw at" command is triggered it sets it to 4 then 3 and so on without typing
Code:
if (%Darts1 == 5) set %Darts1 4
if (%Darts1 == 4) set %Darts1 3 
??

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Try referencing the manual before coming here for help. Look up /set (which you are already using) and you'll find /inc and /dec a few lines down. Searching the help for "decrease" also brings up the appropriate command.

R
OP Offline
R
I'm sorry, you're right I should of looked in the help file first (Found it!!). Thanks. P.s. I may continue this thread in the future when I need help and can't find (or understand) what I need from the help file.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It is usually better to start a new thread for each new problem. By keeping each issue in its own thread, it makes it easier for anyone trying to help you and it also makes it easier for anyone searching the forum for support. Consider if you have a 4 page thread where the question in post 1 is answered by post 4. Someone might still be replying with a solution on page 4 even though you already solved that problem and are talking about another problem.

We also don't care if there are many different threads from one person... as long as the threads are for support and not spamming, of course.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard