writing up a simple script, or would this require Khaled to have to make
some change to the code?

Thanks,
Holbrook

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
If % is a valid prefix, Bahamut should list % in the raw 005 response under CHANTYPES. mIRC should handle it properly, in that case. I don't think this is mIRC's fault.

Keep in mind that if Bahamut returns the channel as %CHAN, it better mean it. Even if mIRC didn't filter this channel, it could only assume the channel was actually called %CHAN, and double clicking it would /join %CHAN, not #CHAN. I assume this is valid?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
I think the OP means that it displays it as %#channel.

H
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
H
Sorry, yeah. If #channel is +s, in the /LIST output it would be given as %#channel (unless I'm already in that channel, then it would be given as just #channel).

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Can you provide the raw output for numeric 005 CHANTYPES and one line from the /list reply that shows the format for this type of channel? Thanks.

H
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
H
:some.random.server 005 test NETWORK=DALnet SAFELIST MAXBANS=200 MAXCHANNELS=10 CHANNELLEN=32 KICKLEN=307 NICKLEN=30 TOPICLEN=307 MODES=6 CHANTYPES=# CHANLIMIT=#:10 PREFIX=(ov)@+ STATUSMSG=@+ :are available on this server

:some.random.server 322 test %#test 2 :this is a test

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I cannot seem to reproduce the issue here. Can you describe a method to reproduce the issue step by step?

D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Originally Posted By: Khaled
I cannot seem to reproduce the issue here. Can you describe a method to reproduce the issue step by step?

You would need to be an IRCop with the ability to see channels that have chanmode +s set. Then perform a /list. This may be dependent on the server configuration.

K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
Quote:
It seems that mIRC is filtering out any channels which don't appear to be
valid (i.e. with a prefix of '#' or '&').

Just a totally random idea.

Tools -> Channel List -> [UNCKECK] Hide non-text channels -> OK

Then do a /list

H
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
H
That seems to do it, and when selecting the channel it appears to ignore the % bit and joins #channel instead of %#channel.

So I guess the question would be is having a channel given by the /LIST command like %#channel not be considered by mIRC to not be a 'non-text' channel.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Originally Posted By: holbrook
So I guess the question would be is having a channel given by the /LIST command like %#channel not be considered by mIRC to not be a 'non-text' channel.

Seems so to me. How is mIRC supposed to know it's a prefix specific to LIST anyway, as opposed to non-alpha channel data?

I'm still dubious as to whether mIRC will actually join the correct channel even if it displays in the channel list. I imagine it would literally try to join %#channel, which mIRC will either convert into #%#channel, or it won't and the server will give you an error. Though it could also accept it, but that would be even weirder.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I tested this by hard-coding the line and passing it to the raw processing routine directly :-)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The "Hide non-text channels" feature assumes that channels can only have one prefix character. In %#test, the first character is assumed to be the prefix. The second character is # and is non-text, so the channel is hidden.

The reason you are able to join %#test is that the "List Channels" routine that joins channels removes characters from the start of the channel name until it finds a valid channel prefix. I'll see if I can add this to the "Hide non-text channels" feature as well.

Link Copied to Clipboard