mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#236267 15/02/12 04:10 PM
B
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
B
I'm not certain this is the correct place to post this. If it is not, please forgive me.
I am not a coder at all. I know my way around easy changes etc.
Here's my issue.
I received a bot via file from a friend. It's a chain bot for an online RPG. We do not know the bots writer or it's origin. There are many variations of it out there. Just depends on who is in the know to make changes to improve or customize it.
Myself and a friend have loaded this and tested it on several mIRC versions. We can't get the timers to work. We both get the same error.
My question is, is there anyone here that would be willing to take a look at the text to maybe see what is wrong? Or point me in the right direction? We seem to think it may be Windows 7 related?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My friend and I have literally over 100 hours plus troubleshooting.
This should have been a copy and paste boom you got it kind of deal.

bigdogv65 #236270 15/02/12 05:55 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As a note... Even if you don't know the original person who wrote it, if you received it from somewhere or know where it's being used, they may have the answers for you.

Are you receiving error messages or anything that would hint at the problem? Unless it's using DLLs or COM, it *probably* has nothing to do with what version of Windows you are using.

If you can describe the actual problem you're having with it, it might help to track down what's happening.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Riamus2 #236294 16/02/12 10:57 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks for the reply. I had to spend hours just getting this thing working again enough to recreate the errors.
---
[23:29] * Made hash table 'mug' (100)
[23:29] ORDER Unknown command
[23:30] ORDER Unknown command
-
01[23:30] -> -14,0- It is your hit in #harvester, Please confirm in the channel by typing set.
01[23:30] 14 No such nick/channel
-
03[23:40] * Playing 'thischain.txt' to #harvester with 1000ms delay
-
02[23:40] * 0 timer(s) matching allchain* halted
-
03[23:40] * Playback of 'thischain.txt' complete
-
[23:40]  Unknown command
----
any thoughts?
The person I got the code from seems to be playing a little game. I can't get straight answers. That's why I decided to come here.

bigdogv65 #236311 17/02/12 06:30 AM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
ORDER <- looks like a missing alias, and that maybe due the lack of one }

No such nick/channel <- looks like the script send a message to someone that dont exist, so maybe a typo in the code or something like that..

0 timer(s) matching allchain* halted <- looks like it trying to stop a timer that arent running.

Just guessing since i dont know how the code looks like.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
bigdogv65 #236312 17/02/12 09:48 AM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
The "14,0" implies that it's trying to send a message to what was probably a colour. We really shouldn't have to reverse engineer your script, but my guess is the line looked something like:

Code:
msg %nick $chr(3) $+ 14,0 It is your hit in # with 1000ms delay

So if %nick is empty (which it probably is), the command would actually translate to:

msg <ctrl+K>14,0 It is ...

And 14,0 is obviously not a real nickname

Of course, I'm reconstructing your script with absolutely no info, so the line probably doesn't look exactly like that. But this typically means your script is either not properly configured, or it is completely broken and never ever worked in the first place. Judging from the other errors of "ORDER unknown command", etc., I'm going with: it never ever worked. Probably why you shouldn't use scripts when you don't know where they came from. You should also probably not play broken telephone with scripts ("copy pasting it" between friends), as this is typically how these kinds of scripts go from properly functioning ones to horribly broken ones.

Note that it's even possible that your "friend" tried to embed some malicious code into the script, and broke it in the process. Maybe that's why he's not being as forthcoming as you'd like. Yet another reason not to use just any script you're given.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
bigdogv65 #236314 17/02/12 12:24 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Some scripts require more than one file to be loaded and that may be your problem. If the person isn't going to tell you how it works, then I'd find a different script. It could very well be that the first error message is causing the rest of the errors ... a missing alias. That may be caused by a script/alias file that should be loaded and is not, or it may be a missing } like sparta said.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
argv0 #236315 17/02/12 12:27 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: argv0
The "14,0" implies that it's trying to send a message to what was probably a colour. We really shouldn't have to reverse engineer your script, but my guess is the line looked something like:

Code:
msg %nick $chr(3) $+ 14,0 It is your hit in # with 1000ms delay

So if %nick is empty (which it probably is), the command would actually translate to:

msg <ctrl+K>14,0 It is ...

And 14,0 is obviously not a real nickname

Of course, I'm reconstructing your script with absolutely no info, so the line probably doesn't look exactly like that. But this typically means your script is either not properly configured, or it is completely broken and never ever worked in the first place. Judging from the other errors of "ORDER unknown command", etc., I'm going with: it never ever worked. Probably why you shouldn't use scripts when you don't know where they came from. You should also probably not play broken telephone with scripts ("copy pasting it" between friends), as this is typically how these kinds of scripts go from properly functioning ones to horribly broken ones.

Note that it's even possible that your "friend" tried to embed some malicious code into the script, and broke it in the process. Maybe that's why he's not being as forthcoming as you'd like. Yet another reason not to use just any script you're given.

It worked for many years. I used it 5 - 6 days a week. I'll double check the info provided here and get this to my buddy. I'm sure it's something simple. I'm not a coder so I don't see it.

bigdogv65 #236318 17/02/12 05:31 PM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Where can we get the script? hard to help by guess the prolem/code..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
sparta #236473 28/02/12 11:28 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: sparta
Where can we get the script? hard to help by guess the prolem/code..

Sorry for the delay. I have been working 7 days a week, 12 hours a day.
I have the file / files on my laptop and zipped in e-mail.
I don't know how I would get them to one of you. I'd hate to just copy and paste it in here. I'm not a coder so I do not know what kind of info is in there.

bigdogv65 #236475 29/02/12 02:12 AM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I assume, since you are not a coder, that someone else wrote the script. In that case, you're better off asking the person who wrote the script what is wrong. They will have a much better idea than us, they might have already noticed the problem and fixed it on their end.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
argv0 #236504 29/02/12 11:05 PM
B
OP Offline
B
He sent me a more simplified bot. I'm about to load it now. Sorry for the bother. I was at my wits end.

Link Copied to Clipboard