mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#236205 11/02/12 10:38 AM
S
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
Does mIRC modify all 353 responses to add !~user@hostmask to each nick?
Because from what I can tell, 353 is only supposed to return a list of nicks, but looking at the debug, mIRC tells a different story.
Does mIRC just whois every single nick when it joins a channel? Does it keep a list of users on the network? Or what?

K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
As far as I know, 353 is only suppose to return names, not "add !~user@hostmask".

Code:
<- :wolfe.freenode.net 353 KindOne @ ##kindone :@ChanServ EvilOne @KindOne
<- :wolfe.freenode.net 366 KindOne ##kindone :End of /NAMES list.

What IRC network/server are you testing this on?

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
This is up to the server.

S
OP Offline
S
I'm getting different results from the same server though.

Here's the text in the debug window:

Code:
-> irc.sxci.net NAMES #rabg
<- :irc.sxci.net 353 Anticlaus = #rabg :Terra-tan!~T-T@Rizon-2DC505D.oc.oc.cox.net GKSJoe!~GKSJoe@graphical.kernel.system AnonBlack!~AnonBlack@pretty.anonymous.translator.woman 
Gnomer!~Gnomer@Rizon-179F56F5.dhcp.knwc.wa.charter.com DSG!~djizzle@Dota.So.Good drail!~drail@Rizon-25AA9DBA.austin.res.rr.com Santiclause!~Santiclau@North.Pole 
OrangeAnonymous_Zzz!~unfamilia@Crazy.Ivan Anticlaus!~Anticlaus@South.Pole &@Baka!Baka@B.A.K.A ~@Mark!~Mark@random.baked.goods
<- :irc.sxci.net 366 Anticlaus #rabg :End of /NAMES list.

And here's the response I'm getting when I connect with the python bot I'm making:

Code:
:irc.digitalcore.org 353 Bot-sama = #rabg :Bot-sama Terra-tan GKSJoe AnonBlack Gnomer DSG drail Santiclause OrangeAnonymous_Zzz Anticlaus &Baka ~Mark
:irc.digitalcore.org 366 Bot-sama #rabg :End of /NAMES list.

edit: oh god what, I figured the code tags would stop it from expanding like that jesus christ. why does code not have a horizontal scroll bar

Last edited by Santiclause; 11/02/12 09:31 PM.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
This is a server feature that mIRC tries to activate (using the CAPabilities protocol) when it logs on to IRC. Open a debug window and reconnect to the server to see it in action.

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks, found it. It's the 'PROTOCTL UHNAMES' part (PROTOCTL NAMESX is what makes the server send all the modes with the user's name in a names reply, instead of just the highest one)

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Honestly, at least you had the awareness to go back and edit your long lines so as not to completely mangle this page. I think you're the first person on this forum to ever do this. Thank you.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard