mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
I don't see why not. Discuss.

(Currently /who #channel makes my mirc freeze while filling the status window with all the nicknames etc. I believe saving it all to a hidden window and then /savebuf to status window would fix that.)

K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
You could use a script to hide the output from the status window.
Code:
; the output of the /who #channel
; Make the "do_stuff" here save the output somewhere
raw 352:*: { haltdef | do_stuff }

; End of /WHO list.
; Make the "do_stuff" here display the saved stuff into a window. 
raw 315:*: { haltdef | do_stuff }

S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
I'm aware of that. Do not want.

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
The request is exactly about how to "display the saved stuff into a window" if you don't want to dump it to a file and if the output shall go to the status window.
You can use /haltdef and /aline to a hidden @window, but currently you need to /savebuf @window <file>, then /loadbuf -s <file>.

To the OP:
I think /savebuf isn't the appropriate command for this (you don't want to "save" any lines): /filter already has a switch (-s) to use the status window as the "infile" - and could indeed benefit from a new switch to make it the "outfile".
Or allow the use of all @<window IDs> for in/outfile - this would be even more versatile and would not require any changes to the syntax. smile

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Quote:
/filter already has a switch (-s) to use the status window as the "infile" - and could indeed benefit from a new switch to make it the "outfile".
Note that this is already possible, -ws will filter from a window to the status window.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
You're right. I was mislead by:
Originally Posted By: /help /filter
"The infile can be a filename or a window name (custom or normal). The outfile can be a filename or a custom window name."
and the description of the -s switch.
Actually, I even tried "/filter -ws @w1" but forgot to put a matchtext wildcard ("/filter -ww @w1 @w2" doesn't require one) smirk

Supahsonic should use the filter command (/filter -ws @hidden *); my proposal to allow @<wid> as in/outfile still stands.

Thanks for pointing out. smile

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Yeah, I agree (and I have said it in the past cause I myself mistaken about it), the help file is misleading here.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Good to know, didn't realize that myself. Thanks smile

J
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
Originally Posted By: Horstl

Actually, I even tried "/filter -ws @w1" but forgot to put a matchtext wildcard ("/filter -ww @w1 @w2" doesn't require one)

it's not interpreted as the matchtext, it's taken as the name of the outfile and promptly ignored ;P

"The only excuse for making a useless script is that one admires it intensely" - Oscar Wilde

Link Copied to Clipboard