mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
I am running mIRC 7.22 under WINE in Ubuntu 11.10 When I open the scripts editor, I get this message:

Warning: the editor is unable to display the whole of file:
script.ini
You should click the Cancel button in the Editor to avoid losing the end of this file.

When I scroll to the bottom of edit window, the file is indeed truncated. I then click on "cancel" to exit to prevent any changes. How do I fix this problem? Can I set mIRC to use an external editor?

Thanks, John-Eric

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I don't know about the reason for the message as I don't use WINE, but you can always use an external editor. There isn't a setting in mIRC. All you do is open the file in any text editor, make changes, and save it. You will need to either make the changes while mIRC is closed or else reload the script after making the changes so they start working in mIRC. mIRC won't automatically see your changes if you change the file outside of mIRC while mIRC is running.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
You can set mirc to watch for edited scripts files, scripts editor - options - check Monitor File Changes. That option will have mirc prompt to reload or ignore a script file when you edit it.

http://scripting.pball.win
My personal site with some scripts I've released.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Ah, thanks. I forgot about that option since I always edit inside mIRC. You still need to reload the changed script for the changes to take effect, but it will at least prompt you to do so.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Have you tried installing richedit20 in winetricks, or potentially other versions of the richedit control? AFAIK, wine doesn't come with this by default, and I've noticed that installing the library solves a number of problems in mIRC.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
J
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
J
Thanks for the quick responses.

richedit20.dll and richedit32.dll are already in the ..\windows\system32\ folders. My temporary fix was to use a script that opens scripts.ini with qedit and reload after I save the file.

The optimal fix would be for the next update of mirc.exe to include an option to use an external editor as the default script editor.

Link Copied to Clipboard