Print Thread
#235377 12/12/11 02:59 AM
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
Hi.

First off I would like to say. I've tried researching my problem using Google.

I'm running Mirc version 6.34

I'm using this script. I'm not sure if this is related to my problem or not.

.-
.Info:/uwho $1
.Whois:/whois $$1
.Query:/query $$1
-
Control
.Ignore:/ignore $$1 1
.Unignore:/ignore -r $$1 1
.Op:/mode # +ooo $$1 $2 $3
.Deop:/mode # -ooo $$1 $2 $3
.Voice:/putmode # +vvvvv $$1 $2 $3 $4
.Devoice:/putmode # -vvvvv $$1 $2 $3 $4
.Kick:/kick # $$1
.Kick (why):/kick # $$1 $$?="Reason:"
.Ban:/ban $$1 2
.Ban, Kick:/ban $$1 2 | /timer 1 3 /kick # $$1
.Ban, Kick (why):/ban $$1 2 | /timer 1 3 /kick # $$1 $$?="Reason:"
CTCP
.Ping:/ctcp $$1 ping
.Time:/ctcp $$1 time
.Version:/ctcp $$1 version
DCC
.Send:/dcc send $$1
.Chat:/dcc chat $$1
-
Slap!:/me slaps $$1 around a bit with a large trout

So my problem is my Private Messages show up on the Main Chat Window in Red Font, instead of in a Private Message Window. I can't figure out how to make my Private Messages show up in a separate window instead of the Main Chat.

I was wondering if any of you may be able to help fix this problem! I would greatly appreciate it. I'm totally stuck!

smile

Last edited by IluvDomo; 12/12/11 03:01 AM.
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
"I'm running Mirc version 6.34"

you should upgrade.. in the new version you can set where private stuff is sent...

Also that version had some issues, upgrade to min of 6.35 (available at mirc.org But I would suggest you upgrade to current version.

What you showed us is standard stuff for popdown menus, it would not effect were messages go..

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
Originally Posted By: HorseC
"I'm running Mirc version 6.34"

you should upgrade.. in the new version you can set where private stuff is sent...

Also that version had some issues, upgrade to min of 6.35 (available at mirc.org But I would suggest you upgrade to current version.

What you showed us is standard stuff for popdown menus, it would not effect were messages go..

Thanks for the reply HorseC. If I upgrade to 6.35 will I have to start from the beginning? I'm trying to avoid this because my friend will have to help me set everything up again.

I'm not mirc savvy that's why I posted the script, I had no idea if it had anything to with my issue or not. blush

It's strange because it worked fine to begin with. I only this Private Messaging problem with people try to Private Message me. If I Private Message them it comes up in a separate window.

smile

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
When you upgrade the new version of mirc will use the old settings, so you would not need to ask your friend to set it up again..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
Originally Posted By: sparta
When you upgrade the new version of mirc will use the old settings, so you would not need to ask your friend to set it up again..

Thanks for the reply sparta. I think I may have figured out the problem.

Under mirc then options then IRC I had everything "checked" in the Show Active In. I unchecked all the options and when I did that the private message showed up in a separate window. I tested it using another nickname. So I'll see if this was the problem.

smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Go ahead and upgrade. Just make sure to check the options to keep your current settings and you'll be fine.

As far as your problem, press Alt-O, click on IRC on the left side of the options box and then uncheck the Queries box on the right inside the Show in Active box. That should solve your problem.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
Go ahead and upgrade. Just make sure to check the options to keep your current settings and you'll be fine.

As far as your problem, press Alt-O, click on IRC on the left side of the options box and then uncheck the Queries box on the right inside the Show in Active box. That should solve your problem.

Thank you for the reply Riamus2! Un-checking the Queries box did the trick. I actually figured this out by the process of elimination, I just went in and unchecked all the boxes.

Although, I really appreciate you telling me which box this was, so now I know not to check it again!

smile

Link Copied to Clipboard