Print Thread
I
ircuser Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
I
Hi

I read in some post a code to use /notify command to get notified based on addresses but as said it depends on network

on *:join:#:{
var %IP.Address = Address1 Address2 Address3 Address4
if $istok(%IP.Address,$address,32) {
.echo -a $nick using address $address has joined $chan
}
}

my question, since we see the IP in our chat window, is there a way to get alerted based on that, I mean not use the server to get us notified but use our PC/mirc to alert us based on joins and parts ?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The above script uses the JOIN event, so it is looking at channel joins. The reason it's network dependant is because the address shadowing by each network is different. The address seen by join/part/etc is the same address you see in the /whois command, and your own address in /whois will be different at each irc network you join, assuming they are all doing address shadowing.

I
ircuser Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
I
Hi maroon!

Thanks for explaining, I was trying to say that joins & parts are in the end stored in memory or in a text file and doesn't matter where they come from (just another data that could be searched for within the logs) and was trying to know what command could read that memory or logging but you are saying that this script could just do that ? I thought this script needed some conditions met by network first. would this script work in ircqnet for example which I use most of the time ? and kindly, where does this script go ? "Remote" ?

Last edited by ircuser; 30/11/11 08:22 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard