mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
I have a problem. mIRC disconnects and reconnects every 3 minutes. specially when im gaming online. its getting annoying and i wonder if you have a solution for this.

Thanks

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
This may be an issue with how much of your computer is is tied up with the gaming... IRC servers send a ping event, and mirc responds to it. If your gaming software is hogging the machine to the point that mIRC can not respond in a timely manner this could cause the disconnects..

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!
T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Its not only when im gaming.(Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory)
Also when im surfing the web(Crome).

I have checked my antivirus, and allowed mirc on all posts.

Info of my computer:

Intel Core I7
16gb ram
windows 7 ultimate 64bit

Internet connections
25MB down - 5MB up

As you see, my computer and connections are up to date. my computer is a month old and my connections are quite good.

Is there anything i can do to fix it?

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Do you experience this with any irc server?

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
If i read you correct, (as im dont have that big knowledge on these things) your asking if i have tried different servers in IRC like Quakenet?

Im connected to Quakenet all the time, i have some pages there that im online on via my BNC 24/7.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Have you considered that it might be your connection to your bnc? You glossed over an important detail... you said it happens especially when you are gaming. So, it happens when you are NOT gaming or browsing as well? Because that just means it happens all the time, and we can take "when I am ____ing" out of the picture completely. That would make the bnc connection stability issue more probable.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
T
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Ill take a look at my bnc provider and see if that might be where the issue is:=) havent thought of that.

Thank you:=)

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
You can try to connect to the IP of your bnc provider (if you connecting to some host now), you can also try change the port to the bnc, see if this help you..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }

Link Copied to Clipboard