Print Thread
#235092 22/11/11 09:07 PM
C
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
C
Hi All,

I was wondering if it would be possible to get a feature such as "sticky" channels, similar to how Outlook has Favourite folders.

This feature would let you select channels to be "stickied", which would place them at the top of the Tree Bar allowing quick access, while still keeping them in their current place, under their original server windows.

I believe this would benefit users who are connected to several networks/channels at the same time (or have networks minimized/collapsed), however perfer to keep an eye, or prioritize certain channels above others.

I've briefly searched the forum, aswell as the documentation, however I haven't seen anything similar to this as a feature request or script.

I hope these pictures help explain what I'm after:

current mirc:

mirc with Sticky Channels:

Thanks,

catatonic

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There have been a variety of requests for control over window order, but this is the first time I've heard anyone suggest duplicating the window. I'm not sure that would be the best option. Especially considering how scripting works with windows right now. It would probably be a lot of work just avoiding breaking scripts. If it could be done in a way that would make sense to the user and wouldn't break a lot of scripts, then it might be worthwhile. Personally, I'd just be happy with a drag and drop method of moving channels around similar to how tabs work on IE or FF (when using the switchbar) and something similar for the treebar as well. It might not offer a "sticky" view, but it would still let you put things in an order that is useful for the user.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Riamus2 #235095 22/11/11 09:39 PM
C
OP Offline
C
I never thought about it breaking scripts, sorry! - I'm essentially using a vanilla mirc here.

Originally Posted By: Riamus2
Personally, I'd just be happy with a drag and drop method of moving channels around similar to how tabs work on IE or FF (when using the switchbar) and something similar for the treebar as well.

I think that would also be good smile - however, how would it work with scon/scid?

Last edited by catatonic; 22/11/11 09:40 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Moving windows wouldn't change your connection IDs. You can already rearrange windows somewhat. It's the duplication that I think may cause the problem, but it's possible that could be worked around.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Riamus2 #235104 23/11/11 10:40 AM
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
Moving windows wouldn't change your connection IDs. You can already rearrange windows somewhat. It's the duplication that I think may cause the problem, but it's possible that could be worked around.

Sorry, no idea what I was thinking blush

Link Copied to Clipboard