Print Thread
#234748 08/11/11 11:30 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
I have a dialog using mdx, and i get everything to work but one thing, that is that i want to grab icons from a icl file..
Code:
did -i cpanel 1 1 seticon normal 0 $+($iconpath,test.ico) | did -a cpanel 1 2 1 test <- this line show the ico.

did -i cpanel 1 1 seticon normal 0 $+($iconpath,test.icl,1) | did -a cpanel 1 2 1 test <- this line will return icon error.

I know this have been here befor (about the use of *.icl files), anything that can be done to this? cos i realy dont want to extract all the icons for one dialog. Or any way i can return the value from the *.icl file? the icons inside it is named 1.ico , 2.ico and so on.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
No one have a idea on this one? i think it's stange since *.icl file return the filename inside it, and thats a *.ico file.. test.icl,1 will return the second icon in the file, since 0 is the first ico file found..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
Z
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
Z
it's been awhile since i used mdx.. but i think it's like this

did -i cpanel 1 1 seticon normal 1, $+ $+($iconpath,test.icl)

1, being the icon number you want from the icl

S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Thnx, i test it.. smile

;--- edit

that did only show one icon from the *.icl file, the next one is f*ed up smirk
Code:
did -i cpanel 1 1 seticon normal 1, $+ $+($iconpath,test.icl)
did -i cpanel 1 2 seticon normal 2, $+ $+($iconpath,test.icl)

As you see i changed the icon and where to place it..

;-- edit again

I belive the problem are located at "seticon normal", something i got a feeling is what cause problem

Last edited by sparta; 09/11/11 10:08 PM.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Keep in mind that MDX is no longer updated or supported and that it has various broken pieces in newer versions of mIRC. It's possible the icon part is one of those broken pieces. Considering MDX isn't updated anymore, you're better off writing new scripts using DCX. The syntax isn't exactly the same, but it's somewhat similar and it can do what MDX does, plus considerably more. And it's updated to work with newer versions of mIRC.

Also, most people here don't use MDX, so it isn't much of a surprise if you don't get many people responding about it. Few will go and try to learn it just to answer your question.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
The problem was that i was loading the icons from a alias, i needed to add the first icon in the init section, so problem solved.. smile i tested with dcx, but since i couldent find any tutorial that explain about the use of icons in the dialog "as i using icons in control panel", then i gave up since i have no clue on how dcx works.. and dont say in the same way as mdx, it dont wink

as a side note.
I belive many users here using mdx, or have been using it befor. Look at scripts on the net, they often use mdx or dcx, and zantetsuken pointed me at the right direction, then i could figure out the rest by my self..

Link Copied to Clipboard