S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
From the help file:
C = center window when first created

Yes, it does as long as you dont running anything in fullscreen befor you create the window. I using this to create my custom window.

window -aPoCdk0 @custwin -1 -1 480 85 Verdana 11

This make the window center. if i playing a game while this window is created it will be created to the right in mirc, i dont know if this is a bug, but since the help file state the -C flag shall create the window centered it should do so even when a fullscreen aplication is running?

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
I can't reproduce that on win7 with 7.22 using this code and by putting firefox in fullscreen before the window is created:
Code:
//timer 1 3 window -aPoCdk0 @custwin -1 -1 480 85 Verdana 11
Can you reproduce it with any fullscreen application?

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Test it with a game, when the game is minimized the window end up to the right..

And as i wroted i dont know if its a bug, maybe just the change of resolution from the game to windows that give some strange behavior.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Not everyone play game, can you reproduce that with any fullscreen program?

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Nope, just when a game is running in fullscreen mode, then when it get minimized the window sit to the right on the screen. I using a desktop window (-d) that will minimize any running games/movies. But wanted it to show centered on my screen..

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
From my limited knowledge on the subject (someone please verify or contradict this), full screen games or other programs with a true full screen mode (this is not the same as a maximized window) create problems when determining desktop resolution. Part of this is likely due to how such programs/games allow a different resolution than what you have as your desktop resolution, though there may be some other reason. I think that if you were to try and display the screen height and width on a timer and then open a game, you'll find that the results drop to either 0 or 1 until you minimize or close the game. This is likely the reason the window isn't centered -- it's trying to center at 0,0. I'm not certain if this is a Windows issue or a mIRC issue, but I have seen it before in mIRC.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
ok, thank you.. smile i can live with the window to the right on the screen..

Link Copied to Clipboard