Print Thread
#234089 05/10/11 03:48 PM
X
xoox Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
X
I'm fairly new to mirc so my problem is this.Im trying to download mp3's.Every thing goes as it should untill I copy paste
in the channel then nothing happen but I can request a list then
copy from this list&then paste in the channel then I get a notice
and I click ok &the download goes as it should.Whay can't I request a song then copy & past it in the channel and it work ?
I really hope this clear enough so someone can give me an answer.Thanks for help

xoox #234091 05/10/11 04:30 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You're better off asking someone in the channel who can see what you are doing. Most likely, you are copying colors, though. Copying text from a window does not require you to use the CTRL key unless you want to copy colors.

In addition...

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
xoox #234093 05/10/11 04:53 PM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Try going to: mIRC Options (alt+o) > Sounds > Requests

De-select Send '!nick file' as private message

xoox #234143 08/10/11 11:18 PM
H
Babel fish
Babel fish
H
Here's my stock response:
IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is a chat medium, not a file-trading network. While some folks have kludged the simple DCC file transfer features into vast (and non-standard, and very possibly illegal) file trading enterprises, all questions about them should be directed to their operators.
Their inability to be easily contacted speaks volumes, and we are not a substitute for them. For a very comprehensive tutorial on IRC and downloading files, visit http://www.irchelp.org/download
This has nothing to do with mIRC. All we can tell you is that you are more likely to get a computer virus or trojan than anything useful. For further information, contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider).

mIRC 7.51, 64-bit Win-7/SP1 Home Premium
IRC Operator irc.Prison.NET

Link Copied to Clipboard