1) mIRC 7.19 on Windows 7 x64 SP1.
2) Clean installation of mIRC, not an update.
3) Go to Tools -> Options -> Connect -> Proxy
4) Set up the following:
5) Start Wireshark https://www.wireshark.org/
6) Set mIRC to connect to a any IRC server you want.
7) The connection works fine.
8) However, when "On connect, always get: Host name" is enabled, the DNS request for that does not go through the SOCKS5 proxy, as seen in Wireshark.
Why I am doing this:
1) I live in Jordan and in order to get to the internet, I need a SOCKS5 proxy given to me by my ISP.
2) Everything that does not go through the SOCKS5 proxy fails.
3) When mIRC DNS requests for the Host name fails, some mIRC functionality breaks and I cannot use it properly.
I have confirmed this issue with 1 other person on a differently setup computer.
What I am asking for:
1) Can anyone else confirm that the DNS requests for "On connect, always get: Host name" are NOT going through SOCKS5 proxy?
2) If this bug is confirmed, can it be fixed in the next version of mIRC?
Thank you all.