mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
N
Would there be the feature to set username separately for server (or an option that there is a global user details and if choose the option for the specific server a separate username/details from the global one).

E
E
I would like this too.
I am on multiple networks, and I don't use the same nick on every network.
I already connect to these networks with an on startup script using the -i switch in /server, however, mirc does not respect this when disconnected and when trying to reconnect, it uses whatever is in the nick/altnick boxes in mirc's options.
The problem however is that the content of those boxes seems to change at random between any of the nicks one uses, so one does not really have any control over the nick used when reconnecting after being disconnected, unless even more scripting is done.

F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
Read /help /server:

Originally Posted By: The Help File
/server [-46emnpfocz] <server/groupname> [port] [password] [-i nick anick email name] [-jn #channel pass]
Connects you to a server, first disconnecting you from the current server.

/server irc.undernet.org 6667 mypassword

If you type /server with no parameters, mIRC will connect to the last server you used. If you use the server command while still connected, you will be disconnected with your normal quit message and will then connect to the specified server.

You can also use /server N which connects to the Nth server in the server list in the connect dialog.

You can also use /server groupname which will cycle through all the servers in the server list which have that group name until it connects to one of them.

The -46 switches make /server connect to either IPv4, IPv6, or both types of addresses.

The -e switch initiates a secure connection to an SSL capable server. Alternatively you can prefix the port number with a plus sign, eg. +7001.

The -m switch creates a new server window for that connection and connects to the server. The -n switch does the same thing but does not connect to the server.

The -pfoc switches prevent perform, popup favorites folder, autojoin channels, and the on connect event when you connect to a server.

The -z switch minimizes the new server window.

Example:
Code:
;This will connect you to "server.com" on port 6667. Once a connection is established your:
;  Nick     will be "Nick1"
;  ANick    will be "Nick2"
;  Ident    will be "MyIdent" (if you have no ident server)
;  Fullname will be "MyFullName"

/server -m server.com:6667 -i Nick1 Nick2 MyIdent MyFullName

I am SReject
My Stuff
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
A UI to manage multiple identities would be long overdue. I think basically every other IRC client with a UI has multiple identity (per network) support by now-- mIRC is kind of behind the curve here and relying way too heavily on the scriptability, which, although powerful, is a little awkward to new users.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
E
E
Originally Posted By: FroggieDaFrog
Read /help /server:

Thanks for completely missing the point.
I already said it can be done with scripting, the problem is that nick and altnick are NOT kept per connection, so when reconnecting, it uses whatever is in the boxes in mirc's settings, which is not always what someone wants due to different nicks on different networks etc.

I've tried trapping the disconnect event and then simply reconnect with a /server myself with the proper settings, but it doesn't always have the desired effect.

Last edited by enticore; 19/09/11 09:46 AM.
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Quote:
so when reconnecting, it uses whatever is in the boxes in mirc's settings, which is not always what someone wants due to different nicks on different networks etc.
I would call that a bug.

I agree with argv0 here.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel

Link Copied to Clipboard