Print Thread
#233712 06/09/11 12:36 PM
D
dubsax Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
D
ok let me explain situation a lil better sorry.ive been on mirc for a lot of years,and was able to download but when i just moved got new modem and same account will not let me down load anymore .says unable to connect to server\connection timed out. ive uninstalled mirc downlaoded another older copy allowed it on firewall created new account paid another 20$ and even new account wont connect

dubsax #233713 06/09/11 03:18 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Note: You can hit reply on your message instead of creating a new message.

Regarding paying another $20, unless you want another license for some reason, you should probably email Khaled to get that refunded. You only have to pay for mIRC once.

Your connection issue could be due to a variety of things and timed out doesn't help too much to find the solution.

It could be that your new ISP doesn't allow IRC (they are blocking the ports).

It could be that your new modem has a built-in firewall that is set to block IRC (most aren't like that by default, but a modem from an ISP can be configured differently than normal).

It could be a DNS problem (try connecting using the server's IP address instead of the host name). For example, 208.83.20.130 is the IP for tampa.fl.us.undernet.org. You can easily find IP addresses at http://irc.netsplit.de/networks/ (just search for your network).

It could be that the network or server is currently down (try another network... preferably a large network like Undernet or Efnet, which are unlikely to be down).

Those are just some examples of what can cause the problem. That is a type of problem that could require a lot of troubleshooting to find the cause.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard