mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
kinblas Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
K
I'm running mIRC 7.19 on Windows 7 SP 1. I usually have about 3 windows (status, and 2 channels/rooms) opened and tiled vertically.

Every once in a while, I would say about once a day at most, as I'm chatting, the channel/room window will disappear off screen. The corresponding entry for the window is still in the tree panel on the left, and there is stilll a button in the toolbar representing that window, but if I click either of those, the window never shows.

In some instances *ALL* my status/channel windows disappear.

I usually quit mIRC and start it back up to get things working again.

Known bug? It's the only thing that is really frustrating me about mIRC.

- Kin

F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
Do you have any scripts loaded? If so it might be one of them causidng the issue

I am SReject
My Stuff
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
In mIRC type:

//echo -a $version $os $md5($mircexe,2) $file($mircexe).sig $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0)

Report the results here.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
K
kinblas Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Sorry, I meant to add that in the initial report. Here is the result:

7.19 7 7dce14f036cb1767f991704e9477151a ok 1 0 0

- Kin

K
kinblas Offline OP
OP Offline
K
No custom scripts loaded. This is a standard no-frills install.

- Kin

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
When this happens, if you open the "Window" menu in the mIRC menubar and select the "Tile" or "Cascade" menu items, does that bring back the window?

K
kinblas Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I remember trying that, and it had no effect.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
When this happens, if you try to open another window, eg. with /query nickname or /join #channel, do the new windows appear?

K
kinblas Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Ok, sorry for the delay, I haven't been on IRC long enough this past week to repro the problem. That said, it just happened to me this morning.

Using /query opens a new window. Using /join will only open new windows if you join a channel that wasn't already open, otherwise, if you try to open a channel for a window that disappeared, it won't do anything. Selecting the window from the windows menu, clicking on it's corresponding button in the toolbar, or on the corresponding item in the tree-list (left tree panel) does nothing.

What did work was pressing on the vertical tile button, which I could swear I tried before with no luck ... but this time, it brought back my windows ... but only after playing with the toggle state of the window buttons in the toolbar ... that is you have to press a button of a window that disappeared such that if things were functioning, it would be showing versus hidden.

- Kin

K
kinblas Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I'm not sure I explained that last part well. In a normally functioning mIRC session. If you press a button corresponding to a window, it toggles its visibility.

When this bug happens, and the window disappears, the last state of the toolbar button was "visible", so if I press the button, its internal state toggles to hidden. If I click on the tile windows button, the window does not show up ... because mIRC thinks the window should be hidden. If I hit the button again to toggle the state back to "visible", the window still doesn't show up until I click the tile button again.,

- Kin

K
kinblas Offline OP
OP Offline
K
One other seemingly related thing to note ... this seems to happen after I've typed something into a window and then I simply move my mouse out of the mIRC application window (MDI window).

- Kin

Link Copied to Clipboard