mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Hello, Guys i have one big problem and questions. Somebody please tell me how i can use mIRC v7.19 with Cyrillic support windows-1251 i don`t wanna use UTF-8 encoding. Please help me.
Thanko You

K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
Please see this thread.

If you want to use "Cryrillic Windows-1251", you will have to use mIRC 6.35.

S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Originally Posted By: KindOne
Please see this thread.

If you want to use "Cryrillic Windows-1251", you will have to use mIRC 6.35.

And no way or method to be used Windows-1251 Cyrillic this is for all Bulgarians encoding and UTF-8 is so sux for as. New version of mirc is so cool but with this method only UTF-8 encoding to use is very bad for as. Please tell me if there is some method for using Windos-1251 encoding in mIRC v7.19
Thank You very much

K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
If you was to read that link, you would understand that mIRC 7 is now a full Unicode (UTF-8), and it no long supports Code Pages like "Cryrillic Windows-1251".

You will need to use mIRC 6.35 if you want to use Code Pages like "Cryrillic Windows-1251".

Last edited by KindOne; 20/08/11 07:12 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
You are uninformed. UTF-8 doesn't "suck" for you. UTF-8 is a superior encoding in every way to windows codepages. Tell your friends to enable UTF-8, which just about every IRC client in the last 7-8 years supports (including mIRC 6.17+) and they will be able to see your text and talk back to you using unicode.

In short, mIRC has support for Cyrillic in 7.19-- it's called UTF-8. It's all discussed right here.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
UTF-8 works better than code pages. It basically gives you all code pages in one, so you don't have to change code pages to change languages. So, no, UTF-8 doesn't suck. There is nothing that code pages can do better than UTF-8.

Also, code pages are disappearing everywhere. You might as well get used to Unicode because it's all you'll have in the future.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard