#233299 02/08/11 01:47 PM
S
s3b Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
In case Khaled doesn't check his emails... http://pastebin.com/Qw5zRrmw

PS. I don't want your thanks. Please, don't.

Last edited by s3b; 02/08/11 01:47 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A crash report is of very little use without details. If you didn't already provide the information in your email, then please provide all details about what the problem is (not just that it crashed).

Examples: When does it crash? On startup, when connecting (your title suggests this), after X minutes/hours? If it happens when connecting, does it happen for all networks? How often does it happen? Every time, often, rarely, etc? What is your OS and what version of mIRC are you using (probably in the report, but it's easier if you just state that information)? Are you using any scripts, DLLs, etc? Any additional information that might be useful should also be included.

Also, keep in mind that some other software can interfere with mIRC and cause it to crash. This can happen with other programs as well. Given the right conflict between the programs, it's possible to crash one of the programs. It may be helpful if you try closing everything besides mIRC. You may also want to disable your antivirus and firewall if the software lets you (don't open websites or any online programs besides mIRC with these disabled!). Then just see if mIRC crashes. This will help you to rule out other software conflicting with mIRC. After testing, make sure you enable any antivirus and firewall software that you have.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
What is the result of typing in the following command in mIRC:

//echo -a $version $os $md5($mircexe,2) $script(0) $dll(0)

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
S
s3b Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
A crash report is of very little use without details. If you didn't already provide the information in your email, then please provide all details about what the problem is (not just that it crashed).

Some of us can read full crash dumps, you know?

Originally Posted By: argv0
What is the result of typing in the following command in mIRC:

//echo -a $version $os $md5($mircexe,2) $script(0) $dll(0)

Do you have to copy/paste a generic question without reading all of the details? Use your logical inference capability. I've provided a full crash dump. What does that indicate about me? Do you think I'm the kind of person who would report a bug for anything but the latest version of mIRC? Don't you think the crash dump would provide information about my OS? Do you think I would bother providing an error report if my mirc.exe were corrupt?

7.19 XP 7dce14f036cb1767f991704e9477151a 26 0

No, I will not provide you with any of my scripts. To be honest, I've been reading your messages in other threads and I don't exactly welcome your participation. Either of you.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
You don't have to provide anybody with your scripts, since nobody asked for that.

You simply have to reproduce your crash with a clean install of mIRC. Come back to us when you've reproduced this with no scripts loaded. Until then, I'm going with: it's one of your scripts.

Originally Posted By: s3b
Do you have to copy/paste a generic question without reading all of the details?

No, I ask for this information when it's necessary to reproduce a bug. In this case (as stated above) it turned out to be informative. Who knew?

Use your logical inference capability. I've provided a full crash dump. What does that indicate about me?

Self-conscious, I suppose. Otherwise you wouldn't be asking me to tell you what I think of you.

Do you think I'm the kind of person who would report a bug for anything but the latest version of mIRC? Don't you think the crash dump would provide information about my OS? Do you think I would bother providing an error report if my mirc.exe were corrupt?

Assumptions make an ___ out of you know who. The information was mostly gathered to find out how many scripts/dlls you were running, the rest was just icing on the cake. FWIW, yes, many users report errors when they intentionally have hacked/cracked copies of mIRC. Regardless of how above that you think you are, we need to know all the details.

And just to be clear, the OS is not actually listed in your paste, so try getting your facts straight before writing a post. The copyright year is listed, but it would be pretty reckless to make assumptions about what a copyright year means regarding your operating system. There are better ways to verify this information.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K

Examples: When does it crash? On startup, when connecting (your title suggests this), after X minutes/hours? ...

Look at the Title of this post.

Quote:
Subject: mIRC crash on connect

Originally Posted By: argv0

And just to be clear, the OS is not actually listed in your paste, so try getting your facts straight before writing a post. The copyright year is listed, but it would be pretty reckless to make assumptions about what a copyright year means regarding your operating system. There are better ways to verify this information.

His OS is Windows XP SP3, some of us can read dumps.

Originally Posted By: http://pastebin.com/Qw5zRrmw

Windows Version: 5.1
Current Build: 2600
Service Pack: 3

This is a total shot in the dark, seeing that you have SSL installed (some of us can read dumps), and mIRC crashes on connect, try updating your SSL - http://www.mirc.com/ssl.html (just make sure mIRC is closed when updating).

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As stated, your scripts are most likely the cause unless you can prove it is happening without any scripts loaded. And based on your few posts (going back to, I believe 2008), you have no room to talk about other people's posts.

Based on your choice of attitude now and in the past and including your 2 spam posts the other day and since you apparently aren't interested in fixing your problem, I'll let you figure it out yourself. Just because you have a messed up script doesn't make it mIRC's fault.

@KindOne: If you read what I said, I pointed out that the title suggests when it happens. However, that doesn't in any way indicate if that's the only time it happens, if it always happens or only some times, or if it might happen at some other point depending on what you do. And, yes, information is in a crash dump, but not all information. And definitely not enough information to find the problem. *ANY* bug report needs to be detailed in the post itself and not in any linked material in order to be useful. It's extremely easy to post details and takes less time than writing your post or his last post. Complaining about a request for details in a bug report is rather pointless. Without providing clear details, bugs are unlikely to be found (if there really are bugs to begin with).

Anyhow, help is not wanted by the OP, so I'll let him find his own problem. Based on the *very* limited information provided in this bug report, it is very clear that this is almost guaranteed to be script related and not a mIRC bug.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
G
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
G
As stated, your scripts are most likely the cause unless you can prove it is happening without any scripts loaded. And based on your few posts (going back to, I believe 2008), you have no room to talk about other people's posts.

Based on your choice of attitude now and in the past and including your 2 spam posts the other day and since you apparently aren't interested in fixing your problem, I'll let you figure it out yourself.

Why don't you just quit responding then?

On another note, try KindOne's suggestion, then I suggest reviewing your scripts for anything that may cause the crash, then I suggest re-downloading.

F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F

I am SReject
My Stuff

Link Copied to Clipboard