mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Riamus2 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
I am connected to 3 networks, each with channels open. I use switchbar, but this happens also in treebar. If I try toggling between channels (back and forth by clicking the same channel), it works normally -- it toggles between the two. If I try doing the same with the status window and a channel, it works on the second connection, but not the first or third. Instead, it toggles between the second status window and channel. If I try toggling two status windows, it toggles the second status window and previous non-status window. I know that is confusing, so here's step by step.

My Layout:
Status 1
- Channel 1.1
- Channel 1.2
- Channel 1.3
Status 2
- Channel 2.1
- Channel 2.2
Status 3
- Channel 3.1

Channel to Channel (working):
1) Click Channel 1.1
2) Click Channel 1.2
3) Continue clicking Channel 1.2
4) You will notice that it switches back and forth between Channel 1.1 and Channel 1.2. This is expected.

Channel to Status (working):
1) Click Channel 1.1
2) Click Status 1
3) Continue clicking Status 1
4) You will again notice that it switches back and forth between Channel 1.1 and Status 1. This is expected.

Status to Channel (not working):
1) Click Status 1
2) Click Channel 1.1
3) Continue clicking Channel 1.1
4) You will notice that instead of going back and forth between Status 1 and Channel 1.1, it is instead going back and forth between Status 2 and Channel 1.1 even though Status 2 was never clicked.

Status to Channel *with Status 2 instead of 1 or 3* (working):
1) Click Status 2
2) Click Channel 2.1
3) Continue clicking Channel 2.1
4) You will notice that this is correctly going back and forth between Status 2 and Channel 2.1 even though it doesn't work with a different Status window.

Status to Status (not working):
1) Click Channel 1.1 (just so it's the last channel clicked)
2) Click Status 1
3) Click Status 2
4) Continue clicking Status 2
5) You will notice that instead of going back and forth between Status 1 and Status 2, it is instead going back and forth between Status 2 and Channel 1.1 (the last channel clicked).

Ok... first, I haven't done a completely clean install and this may in some way relate to a Window position setting. I will see if I can find any specific cause and if this happens in a completely clean install as soon as I can. I will get back to you on that, but wanted to get the details down while I was seeing it happening.

Even if it's related to a setting, that is still very odd behavior. It should always toggle between the window you are clicking on and the previous window that was clicked on.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
I do not experience that behavior at all. It always reverts to the second most foreground window for me.

Riamus2 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
That's strange. I didn't have a chance last night to remove mIRC.ini so it creates a clean copy to see if that solves the problem. I'll have to test that today after work and see what happens. Based on your results, it will probably work fine. Which means I will need to figure out which setting is causing the problem. That's going to be time consuming.

Invision Support
Riamus2 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Ok, I was able to test this with a clean mIRC.ini (I made sure it was clean by deleting everything in it and letting mIRC recreate it). Nothing loaded and no settings changed other than adding my nick so I could connect.

This time, it acted somewhat differently, but still not correctly.

My Layout this time:
Status 1
- Channel 1.1
- Channel 1.2
- Channel 1.3
Status 2
- Channel 2.1
- Channel 2.2

I left off network 3 because I don't think that was really needed after doing some more testing.

Results:

Channel to Channel (works):
Same test and results as above.

Channel to Status (works):
Same test and results as above.

Status to Channel (works):
Same test as above, but this time, it appears to be working.

Status to Status (works):
Again, same test as above, but it's working now.

Now, those tests tell me that it is probably a setting causing the issue I was experiencing. However.... it still messes up when I perform another test.

Status to Channel to Different Channel (doesn't work):
1) Click on Channel 2.1
2) Click on Status 1
3) Click on Channel 1.1
4) Continue clicking on Channel 1.1 and you'll see that it alternates between Status 1 and Channel 1.1 as expected.
5) Now, instead of clicking on Channel 1.1 to toggle, click on Channel 1.2. I forget if I clicked Channel 1.2 while Channel 1.1 was active or Status 1 was active... try both ways.
6) Continue clicking on Channel 1.2 and you'll see that it's now alternating between Channel 1.2 and Channel 2.1 without having clicked again on Channel 2.1.

I'm not sure what's going on, but that's on a clean install of 7.19 with an absolutely clean mIRC.ini. Is anyone else able to reproduce any of this kind of behavior? Try some other combinations with multiple networks and channels open... try a variety of ways of clicking on different windows and toggling them and see if you can get the wrong window to start toggling.

I have also a couple times managed to toggle between a channel and nothing (everything minimized) even though I keep all channels maximized. I haven't been able to reproduce this enough to get a step-by-step of that. I had been trying to reproduce that after someone else mentioned it doing that to them all of the time. I tried different saved positions and managed to get it to do that, but haven't figured out the right combination of things to get it to always happen. But, again, if you are toggling between windows, it shouldn't end up toggling between a maximized and a minimized state ... at least, I don't think it should. I'm thinking there's an issue with this toggle ability that manifests when certain combinations of windows are clicked in a certain manner.

Last edited by Riamus2; 13/07/11 03:37 PM.

Invision Support
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Again, doesn't happen for me. Everything is normal.

Link Copied to Clipboard