mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
I
ircuser Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
I
Unilimted Highlight, is there a way to restore it in mirc 7.19 ? I stay away from PC so I need to come back and see it still flashing ?

what is regex tick box for ? when you need to use slashes and $me ?

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Unlimited message flashing can be done by just selecting the first option '--'.

The regex checkbox enables the match as being a regular expression. If you don't know what that is, you don't need it.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
I
ircuser Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
I
Originally Posted By: argv0
Unlimited message flashing can be done by just selecting the first option '--'.

The regex checkbox enables the match as being a regular expression. If you don't know what that is, you don't need it.

argv0 I tried it while replying to you and I was using $me and regex ticked and it didn't flash once !

you need regex tick box to activate $ sign in $me so it would translate into my current nick instead of "$me" ?

I am reading the help file of mirc, I hoping to find a way to highlight based on mask ? am I reading in the right place ?

Last edited by ircuser; 12/07/11 11:33 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
No, the regex checkbox is only for regular expressions (the feature is linked above), not basic identifier expansion.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
I
ircuser Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
I
Originally Posted By: argv0
No, the regex checkbox is only for regular expressions (the feature is linked above), not basic identifier expansion.

sorry I changed post before seeing your reply so regarding highlight I must have got the highlight line wrong, I will try it with my nick in plain text.

Could that site help regarding highlting on certain masks ? like: highlight if mask is *@123254.523265*

Last edited by ircuser; 12/07/11 11:47 PM.
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Afaik there's currently no way to use the internal highlight feature to check the user's address. You're allowed to use custom identifiers just like you may use internal identifiers (like $me). But inside their scope, neither $fulladdress nor $address nor $site are filled with a value (at least one would be required for you), not even $nick.

If for example you would put this highlight:
Code:
$customhighlight( $!nick - $!address - $!site - $!me - $!1- )
and add this alias:
Code:
alias customhighlight {
  timer -m 1 1 echo -s $!!1-: $1- target: $target nick: $nick address: $address site: $site 
  timer -m 1 2 echo -s chan: $chan cid: $cid network: $network wid: $wid
}
Some identifiers would be filled - but not the ones you'd need. (Note that without timer no echo will display at all.)

To have at least hostmask-related identifiers filled may be worth a feature suggestion.

For the moment, I suggest to try the "nick colors" feature which allows you to highlight the nickname matching a certain mask in both the channel/query and the nicklist (but without any beep/flash etc options).
The other option would be to script your own custom highlight with "on text" and "on action" events (where $address etc are filled), replacing the default text display - like in a "theme"-script. The big downside is that it would most likely interfere with the theme you may actually use.

I
ircuser Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
I
Originally Posted By: Horstl
Afaik there's currently no way to use the internal highlight feature to check the user's address. You're allowed to use custom identifiers just like you may use internal identifiers (like $me). But inside their scope, neither $fulladdress nor $address nor $site are filled with a value (at least one would be required for you), not even $nick.

If for example you would put this highlight:
Code:
$customhighlight( $!nick - $!address - $!site - $!me - $!1- )
and add this alias:
Code:
alias customhighlight {
  timer -m 1 1 echo -s $!!1-: $1- target: $target nick: $nick address: $address site: $site 
  timer -m 1 2 echo -s chan: $chan cid: $cid network: $network wid: $wid
}
Some identifiers would be filled - but not the ones you'd need. (Note that without timer no echo will display at all.)

To have at least hostmask-related identifiers filled may be worth a feature suggestion.

For the moment, I suggest to try the "nick colors" feature which allows you to highlight the nickname matching a certain mask in both the channel/query and the nicklist (but without any beep/flash etc options).
The other option would be to script your own custom highlight with "on text" and "on action" events (where $address etc are filled), replacing the default text display - like in a "theme"-script. The big downside is that it would most likely interfere with the theme you may actually use.

Thanks Horstl for the detailed answer, I am sorry I don't get everything you said but I see the picture, I'll keep your comments until I can use them one day smile

Could you just tell me if I copy pasted the highlight you did and the timer, what would be highlighted ?

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
Nothing would be highlighted - I put it only to show which of the pertinent internal identifiers are or are not returning a value to the custom identifier "$customhighlight" (be it passed as a parameter to the identifier, or called in it's routine).
If $address *would* work therein, it could be used for a trick/hack so to speak: the way you can put $me at highligt, which returns your current nickname so that this value is checked against the incoming text, similarly a custom identifier could compare the user's $address against a given hostmask, and in case of a match return a wildcard or else return nothing. The value returned by the identifier would be compared against the incoming text as usual, and could trigger the actual highlight. A somewhat intricate approach, even if it *would* work... laugh

Last edited by Horstl; 13/07/11 09:57 PM.
I
ircuser Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
I
Originally Posted By: Horstl
Nothing would be highlighted - I put it only to show which of the pertinent internal identifiers are or are not returning a value to the custom identifier "$customhighlight" (be it passed as a parameter to the identifier, or called in it's routine).
If $address *would* work therein, it could be used for a trick/hack so to speak: the way you can put $me at highligt, which returns your current nickname so that this value is checked against the incoming text, similarly a custom identifier could compare the user's $address against a given hostmask, and in case of a match return a wildcard or else return nothing. The value returned by the identifier would be compared against the incoming text as usual, and could trigger the actual highlight. A somewhat intricate approach, even if it *would* work... laugh

I can't thank you enough Horstl, I see your point, I think I will keep looking for a snippet and maybe start learning the basics at least although this subject doesn't seem well documented to me in one place, thanks for the help smile

Link Copied to Clipboard