Print Thread
#232598 11/06/11 07:45 AM
_
_simon_ Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
_
I want to start mIRC with the chat windows maximised, however sometimes they are but most of the time they are not.

I've looked through all the options but cannot find anything that would start them all maximised.

I thought mIRC would remember window positions when closed but apparently that's not the case. I am exiting properly - disconnect mIRC then File -> Exit

Is there anything I can do?

Last edited by _simon_; 11/06/11 07:52 AM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Try maximizing the first status window, then remember position for that. If that doesn't work, which it should, then add the following line to the remotes section of the script editor.

on *:START:window -x "Status Window"

Vogon poet
Vogon poet
You can save the positions yourself by left-clicking on window's icon. Here is a screenshot:

If you have your window maximized, then the icon is behind the "File" menu, like this:

In maximize mode, there are more options in that menu, there is a "Set as default" which sets all the windows position similar to your active window.

Nothing...
Masoud #232605 12/06/11 09:40 AM
_
_simon_ Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
_
Thank you Masoud, I didn't even know that option menu existed! I've saved positions and it seems to have worked smile

F
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
F
I had a problem of mIRC Status and Channels windows going from Maximized to Normal mode.

It's not easy to provoke this issue. But going to Windows Sleep mode and awaking after a night seems to cause it sometimes.

mIRC Position - Save; Position - Set As Default, etc. only has a meaning if mIRC status/channel windows aren't maximized. If you use maximized windows. Position settings have no meaning.

Syntax window -x $active only works in Channel windows, but not in Status Windows.

Syntax window -x $+(",$active,") is necessary to work in Channel windows and Status Windows too.

Here's a script that automatically maximizes mIRC Channel and Status Windows:

Code:
on *:appactive: { 
  if ($appactive == $true) && ($window($active).state != maximized) { window -x $+(",$active,") }
}

Link Copied to Clipboard