mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
J
I would like to be able to minimize mIRC to the taskbar when I am quickly looking at something different, while I want to be able to minimze it to the tray when just idling.

For example, the minus sign could be for minimizing to the tray, while the quitting cross could be for minimizing to the tray. That would then leave us file -> exit to quit the program.

mIRC has several options for behavior related to minimizing and the tray, but I was unable to find a way to allow both the forms of minimizing. Is there a way to achieve this?

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Enable the option to minimize to tray, then just hold the SHIFT key when minimizing to minimize to taskbar.

This works in reverse if the minimize to tray option is disabled. Hold the SHIFT key to minimize to tray.

Type: /help Shift+Minimize

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
In additon, there's an option to minimize mIRC when clicking the closing button (under options > display > option > windows).
Also, if you want to minimize to taskbar when clicking the minimize button, uncheck "place mirc in tray when minimized" (under options > display > option > tray) and use shift+minimize to put it in the tray smile

Last edited by Wims; 05/06/11 04:44 PM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
J
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
J
I seriously thought I had tried the shift-clicking thing - but it turns out it is as you guys say, that does minimize to tray even when normally minimizing to the taskbar.

I suppose the only thing I can't do then is make the closing button minimize to the tray, as when the "minimize to tray" option in unselected, selecting the "minimize on close" option will mean it will minimize to the taskbar when closed. Well... I suppose I'll just have to learn to shiftclick instead of doing anything else.

Thanks for the help, guys!

Last edited by JasperHorn; 05/06/11 06:29 PM.
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
You may want to re-read our post, they do describe how to do what you want, it is possible to have all the behavior you want.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel

Link Copied to Clipboard