mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
A
Hello, I have searched google and many differnt script forums for a script/addon that does what most cell phones do when you are texting; it guesses the word you are typing and finishes it for you. If anyone knows if a script like this exists or could make one, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-anom

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I've never seen a script that does that. You'd need a dictionary file as well as having the script constantly search it every time you type something. With mIRC being single threaded, my guess is that something like that will probably cause a lot of lagging/freezing within mIRC. Perhaps it can be written in a way to avoid that, but more than likely it just won't work well in mIRC.

It's much better to work on good typing skills anyhow, imo.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I tried something like this a few years ago and found that the lag processing my input seemed exceedingly long. Now the code did use a socket to try to get the word(s) from dictionary.com which may have increased the lag time versus a dictionary file on your hard drive.
Note that my definition of "exceedingly long" is measured in times of 5 or more seconds to look up each word.

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Same here, whenever someone tries this, or a spell checker, they find that it is too labor intensive on mirc.

Link Copied to Clipboard