mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
DJ_Sol Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
D
Hello, I'm working with an IRCx server. I was working on an access list and accidentally set access like this.

/access $chan add owner :

The server saw this and figured : was a nick so it added the entry like this.

CHANNEL OWNER :!*@*$* 0

When I look at the list with mIRC, raw 804 presents it like this.

CHANNEL OWNER !*@*$* 0 :

So trying to work with !*@*$*, the server tells me there is no entry because it is actually :!*@*$*. In the debug window it shows correctly.

Code:
If I set:

/access $chan add owner : 0 :Comment

it does the exact same thing.

Is this a bug?

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
It's a bug with the IRCX server, not mIRC.

: is a message delimiter in IRC messages. Look in the debug window and you'll see most events use it somewhere, for example:

hixxy!ident@address.com PRIVMSG #mIRC :hello world

The message is "hello world" not ":hello world" , the ":" is just the message delimiter.

The IRCX server should never let you add access for an invalid nickname/address. Does the IRCX server support the nickname ":" ? If so, then a lot of clients are going to have difficulty with that and it' a pretty strange character to support! If not, then it is allowing you to add access for invalid nicknames which is a bug.

D
DJ_Sol Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
D
Yeah that's exactly what I told the server admin. The server shouldn't allow an erroneous nickname to be added to access. So I guess mIRC follows IRC protocol and takes for granted that there would be no : in the nickname, so it removes it on display.

Ok thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard