mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Skeelol Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
My drive crashed on my XP machine, fortunately I had a backup of my 150 line remote.ini. I installed Win 7 to a new drive, and copied remote.ini to a bunch of different locations until I found the correct one, which is C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\mIRC\scripts.

Everything shows up in remote.ini if I press alt-r, but my triggers will not work. Remote is on. Even the simplest of triggers that require no variables will not work. Cannot get a single response.

Anyone have any suggestions? My remote.ini is about a decade in the making and I'd like to get it workin again as my drive crash was quite a devastating loss.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you press Alt-R and look at it, do you have numbers in front of the lines? Such as n1= or n2= ?

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
S
Skeelol Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Nope, no line numbers like they exist in the .ini file. This is mIRC 6.31, is it possible there are issues running this version under 64 bit?

Also tried reloading remote.ini, and popups.ini as I still can't click on a link and have it open to browser. These did not help.

Last edited by Skeelol; 04/05/11 01:08 AM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Considering how old mIRC 6.31 is, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if there were issues. My suggestion is that you download and install a copy of the most recent version from [url=http://www.mirc.com/get.html[http://www.mirc.com/get.html[/url]
I also suggest that you remove the multiple copies of your custom remote.ini, and keep a copy in a safe external location.
Then install mIRC, and then copy your custom remote.ini over the one that is installed by default.
After doing that, you should be able to run the most recent version of mIRC with your custom remote.ini

RE: Loading Popups.ini, this file has to be loaded several times for the whole thing to be loaded correctly. There are 5 different areas where it has to be loaded.
To simplify, the loading you can use
Code:
/load -ps popups.ini
/load -pc popups.ini
/load -pq popups.ini
/load -pn popups.ini
/load -pm popups.ini

Last edited by RusselB; 04/05/11 01:44 AM.
S
Skeelol Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I used an uninstaller program to kill everything relating to mirc on my hard drive and reinstalled the latest version, good to go. Thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard