mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#231211 08/04/11 04:32 PM
F
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
I know from many different online-based programs that they disconnect you from the server if your pc goes into hibernation. mIRC actually does not diconnect then which will result in a ping timeout after 2-5 minutes which is really not what I want. I could manually disconnect every single server but they are many and why do I even have to? It would be way easier if mIRC just disconnects me and then reconnects on waking up (which it already does since the connection is lost then).

I'd really appreciate if this could be implemented.

Last edited by FichteFoll; 08/04/11 04:32 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Do you have Alt-O > Connect > Options > Check Connection Time Out enabled?

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
F
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
Yes I do. I think that's what reconnects me after I woke my pc up.

Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This has been annoying me for a while as well, so I just wrote a DLL that allows a script to perform the disconnections. If you're interested, you can find it here: power.zip. As with many of my DLLs though, I hope it will be obsoleted by native mIRC support at some point. smile

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
G
gbz Offline
Babel fish
Babel fish
G
I'd really like to see this implemented as well.

Originally Posted By: FichteFoll
I could manually disconnect every single server but they are many

You don't need to disconnect them one by one; just type /scid -a quit in any window to disconnect them all at once.

F
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
Yeah, thanks. Now mIRC disconnects as I start hibernating.

Just one problem: I cannot reconnect to every server as I want. I use /server on resume, but since I use a bnc server for 3 connections it will always connect with the same data (password) which leads me to the same account. Or does mIRC auto-reconnect even though I used /quit before?

Last edited by FichteFoll; 07/09/11 02:23 PM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
It won't automatically reconnect if you /quit, but you could use timers with the /server command after doing the /quit so that when your machine resumes the timers will reconnect you.

~ Edit ~
I'm assuming the timers will also resume after waking from hibernation. I could be wrong though, it's happened a time or two.

Last edited by RoCk; 07/09/11 05:59 PM.
F
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
F
Originally Posted By: RoCk
It won't automatically reconnect if you /quit, but you could use timers with the /server command after doing the /quit so that when your machine resumes the timers will reconnect you.

The on resume event does the same thing, it sends "/scon -a /server". But "/server" without parameters would connect you to the "last server used". It works for all normal (direct) connections but messes up my bouncer ones. Dunno why, but that's how it is.
Originally Posted By: RoCk

~ Edit ~
I'm assuming the timers will also resume after waking from hibernation. I could be wrong though, it's happened a time or two.

Timers have an offline switch. I'd also assume they are working after hibernating but it's pretty unsafe to set a constant time as my pc sometimes takes longer. Alternatively you could define a time like 6:00 and hope it's triggered afterwards while passing in hibernation. But this does not solve the problem mentioned above, if I understood you correctly.

Edit: Btw, I'll try using three different server groups. I assume that this would solve the problem (just recognized it) though it would be untidy in my server list. w/e

Edit2: Does not work. Even though I used three different groups and descriptions /server still only connects to the first one with that address in the whole list, three times ...

Last edited by FichteFoll; 07/09/11 08:15 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard