mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#230888 23/03/11 09:01 PM
M
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
M
I am fairly new to irc. I am using it to find ebooks that I can download. I am using the Undernet random U.S. server.The channel that I am using is #bookz. Once you search for a book and get your results you are supposed to be able to hilite the link that is provided and copy and paste it into the command bar. My issue is that when I hi-lite I try to right click to copy and paste and it does not work. I will hi-lite and hit the Cntrl-C to copy and that does not work either. I have other friends that are doing the same thing that I am attempting to do and they have no problems at all. Can someone please help me to get the copy/paste feature to work.

Thanks!!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Copying does not work the same as other programs. You do not use Ctrl-C. Simply highlight the text and then let go of the mouse button and it is already copied for you. If you want to have the colors and other codes copied as well, then you hold CTRL while highlighting and let go of the mouse button before letting go of CTRL. CTRL-C is never used unless you're copying text from your own edit bar (where you type) or else in your script editor or dialog boxes (again, where you can actually type something). Channels never use it.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard