mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#230828 22/03/11 05:40 AM
F
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
F
The newer mirc scripts (I have 7.14 now) have been wiping out previously existing scripts, aliases, modifications, etc. when downloaded.

I have had to re-set up virtually every aspect of mirc. Fonts, colors, size, background, aliases, pop ups and so on.

The worst part... is downloading a second mirc... to an entirely different place/folder... and it re-wiped out everything in the first mirc that had already been replaced. I am a 10+ year user of mirc and many of my experienced counterparts are also experiencing this same problem.

What's the dealio and what can be done to protect our in-place versions of mirc?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There are options during install to not install the settings files. Also, if you want different mIRC setups on your computer, an easy way to keep them separate is to put a mirc.ini file into each install folder. If you want to keep them separate and don't want to have mirc.ini in each folder, you can use a shortcut that points to a different mirc.ini file (I believe the switch to use is -r). mIRC now uses (and has for all of the 7.x series, if I remember correctly) your users folder to store settings. That is a standard for Windows these days as it keeps everything in one place. The downside of it is that if you need multiple copies with different settings, it conflicts without a little extra work on your end.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard