mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
F
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
F
Instead of having to reload a script. To get it to initialize again, it would be nice if under the file menu there was a "reinitialize" option.

I am SReject
My Stuff
T
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
T
I do this all the time, use the check brackets button in the upper right hand corner of the editor to "re-initialize" a script without having to close/open your editor again to test changes.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
That's not the same thing, he wants to /reload the file from the disk with the editor, this feature would be disabled if you're using "monitor file changes"

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
F
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
F
No. I mean something that would also trigger the on Load event. The reason I am requesting it is because when I am writing something with an onload event, I like to check to make sure that it triggers the way I want it.

Also, If it's something for release I like to load it into a fresh mIRC to make sure that it functions correctly from start to finish. Would be nice to be able to fix bugs that are found, then re-initialize the script to make sure it runs smoothly the way it should.

I am SReject
My Stuff
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
on *:start: { /signal -n LOAD }
on *:load: { /signal -n LOAD }

on *:SIGNAL:LOAD: { <code> }

/_doload signal load

Beware of MeStinkBAD! He knows more than he actually does!
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
What's wrong with //unload -rs $script | load -rs $script? And why does this have to be from the script editor?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
F
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
F
I'll start with the second question: B/c when editing scripts, it's mostly done from mIRC's script editor, So I thought it a decent Idea to have it there.

As for the first, you have switch windows then type the unload/load command out. On top of that, when /unload runs, it triggers the "on unload event". I just want to be able to trigger the on load event.

I am SReject
My Stuff
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Quote:
As for the first, you have switch windows then type the unload/load command out. On top of that, when /unload runs, it triggers the "on unload event". I just want to be able to trigger the on load event.

FYI you can use the /load command without /unload'ing beforehand and it will preserve the script's location in the script file list and only trigger the load event.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.

Link Copied to Clipboard