mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
When i have mIRC open the clocks of my graphic card goes to 3D mode and between 0-7% gpu load. This doesnt happen when i'm using firefox or wathever, only when i maximize or check if someone writes on my channel.

Driver problems or mIRC using the gfx?

Last edited by Jinderox; 13/03/11 11:27 AM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
While this may be due to something that mIRC is doing, it wouldn't hurt for you to ensure that your drivers are up-to-date from the manufacturer.
Also, in order for anyone to try to reproduce this on their systems, we would need to know specifically which graphics card you are using.

J
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
I'm using a 5870 ati and i have the last drivers. I tried another irc client with no problems but i would like to use mIRC.

Last edited by Jinderox; 13/03/11 03:37 PM.
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Then I suggest making a post in the Bug Reports section detailing your situation and/or referencing this topic.

While I suspect that Khaled checks all of the forums, it's a known fact that he does read and (if necessary) replies to posts in the Bug Reports forum.

J
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
I will start a new topic on bug section, thanks.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It is very likely related to your graphics card driver since there is nothing in mIRC that I am aware of that would cause such an issue. mIRC does not use 3D mode, directx, or any other graphics mode, and does not change your graphics settings in any way. That said, which version of mIRC are you using?

Please enter the following command into the status window and post the results:

//echo -a $os $version $beta $md5($mircexe,2) $file($mircexe).sig $alias(0) $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0)

S
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
S
The last few years, both AMD and nVidia have moved some regular 2D calls from the dedicated 2D engine on the chip, to the "3D" shader engines. So even if you're not using any 3D, the shader engines can get woken up by other stuff. It's also hard to point specific fingers, as the implementation details tend to change between driver revisions, impacting which calls are affected/thresholds for clock-up/performance/...

J
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
I'm using mIRC with Ircap, but with mIRC alone is happening this too. I only had mIRC working for 1 hour and i saw how the clocks sometimes went from 2D to 3D, it's not allways.

I got this from the code:

Vista 6.2 222c98f9faf7a0b283fd0736f0ab6c1a 1 6 0 0

Edit: i saw the clocks only changes when a chat windows is open, if i only have the "status" windows it doesnt happen. And if i see more people writing there are more chances to get 3Dclocks.

Last edited by Jinderox; 14/03/11 12:36 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard