mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
G
I have used Mirc for years, however its been a while since I have use it.

Today I got a new laptop and loaded my old script onto the laptop, then redownloaded the newest version.

upon putting my scripts into the Mirc folder, which is on my desktop as I always do, then attempting to load them in, I get this error message.

/load: no such file 'C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\mIRC\sc\BotTalk.txt'

however I am giving it this command,because thats where I put it.
/load -rs mirc/sc/bottalk.txt

If I load it from scripts editor, it loads, however I still cant use the menu commands I set

Bot Talk
.On:/load -rs sc/BotTalk.txt | /msg $chan 0,12[Bot Talk On]
.Off:/unload -rs sc/BotTalk.txt | /msg $chan 0,12[Bot Talk Off]
.Edit Bot Talker:{ run notepad.exe sc/BotTalk.txt }

I still get the "not found message" because mirc keeps ignoring my commands and looks in

C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\mIRC

I know I can just put all my scripts in the roaming folder, then recode all my command lines, but I would rather fix this issue, however I have no clue why Mirc is ignoring my commands and looking in the roaming folder.

Any ideas why its doing that?

thanks in advanced

E
E
since version 6.3x mirc reads from roaming - either move all files from roaming to desktop (or where ever you have mirc installed) or move from desktop to roaming... me my self have everything in roaming...

G
OP Offline
G
ohhhh,lol thanks

I have been searching everywhere,including registry, at least ten times, I have been all through everything,lol trying to find that default setting.

I did just create a shortcut to the roaming folder and put it onto desktop about ten mins ago and then put everything from original folder into the shortcut folder, however I have two mirc.ini files now, so I am using the one that was in the roaming folder.

Plz tell me that I can use it this way, I really dont want to spend two more hours loading it all up, just to find out that mirc.ini will corrupt itself.

thanks alot for the info too smile

Last edited by Gypsyr0ad; 26/02/11 09:46 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
All you need to do is put mirc.ini into your mIRC install folder and you'll be fine. However, it would be strongly recommended to use $scriptdir to get to the right location. Or, if this will only be used by you, just hardcode the path (c:\whatever\) instead of using a relative path.

If your script to load something is already loaded, then $scriptdir will point to the same location and you can easily load things that way. If you want to load from the edit line, then you need to include the full path or have the script (or relative path) start out in the same location as mirc.ini.

You can verify which mirc.ini you're using by typing //echo -a $mircdir in your edit line. Remember that you need to close mIRC before putting mirc.ini into the install folder (or restart it afterwards) for it to start using that mirc.ini.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
G
OP Offline
G
thanks for the help, I am starting completely over again frown

when I short cutted the roaming folder onto the desktop, and began adding my scripts to it, everything seemed ok, however upon restating mirc, the .ini file in fact did corrupt and all of my work disappeared.
I then started adding my scripts and coding in my menus again, and upon testing my simple away system failed to work, it loaded but never displayed anything in the chat window.
And I get errors in the status window that my current Modes does not allow the that, with any autotalk type script I try to run.
I cant even whisper, I receive the same error.

So basically the whole script corrupted it self.

I dont mind starting completely over again, its kind of fun and I knew when I loaded my script from disc, and attempt to add the newest Mirc to it, would corrupt it, I have yet to figure out that part.

I usually just uninstall the whole thing, reinstall Mirc, then begin to recode in all my goodies again.

wish me luck.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
So this will return the correct path then and load a script file...as well as run it:
Code:
//load -rs $mircdirbottalk.txt
//run $mircdirbottalk.txt

G
OP Offline
G
thanks, but I usually run mirc directly from desktop, because I am always creating and editing scripts for fun and if in fact Mirc v7.17 can not be run that way, I rather just use my 6.16 version.
It works just fine off of desktop.

however though, I am going to try to add the 7.17 again to my old script and see what happens.

Last edited by Gypsyr0ad; 26/02/11 06:34 PM.
G
OP Offline
G
I just added 7.17 to it and I still get this error in the status window upon trying to whisper or run my away system or anything that sends a message

Your own modes prohibit you from sending that type of message.

any ideas?

never mind, the server I was using must have been the issue, I changed servers and everything seems to be working.

thanks for every ones help

Last edited by Gypsyr0ad; 26/02/11 07:06 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard